TGF Do Something Weekly Challenge Week 4

Practicing my vocals to emulate you guys 😂
1675729393436.gif

My humble submission.

Live video recorded with 20 tracks filled with bleed and warts. So I:
Re recorded 12 tracks of vocals over 3 singers with the Townsend L22 mic
Re recorded 4 tracks of guitars using two notes revolt and wall of sound
Reamped the lead thru my axe fx
Performed the ride cymbal in superior as the overheads picked up exactly none of it
Applied trigger extensively
Applied melodyne and vocalign where needed
Lined up all the audio to the keyboards and fixed timing issues
Mixed with mostly UA and PA plugins, my ssl bus plus on the drum bus and the snare going to the Lindell lin76 compressor.
Mastered to -13 lufs for YouTube.
Went apeshit with fx and color correction I know very little about in premiere pro.

Gear:
'91 Ibanez RG570
Apollo Twin Duo mk2 Thunderbolt
Logic Drummer
Logic Sculpture
Logic loops for a couple of SFX
Helix Native--Placater(on all 3 Guitar tracks)--Simple Delay( on 2 of the Guitar tracks)--Kinky Boost(on 1of the Guitar tracks)
Valhalla Shimmer

Gear:
'91 Ibanez RG570
Logic Drummer
Logic Sculpture
Helix Native--Placater(on all 3 Guitar tracks)--Simple Delay( on 2 of the Guitar tracks)--Kinky Boost(on 1of the Guitar tracks)
Valhalla Shimmer

Love it! Shimmer :hmm :rofl
Just sitting at the breakfast table starting the day and my head is nodding rhythmically. Loving the groove of this!
It's my COC Blind Album Starter Kit song:satan

Bumblebee with dead strings
Official JT FAS JP IIC+, 1959SLP and Recto presets
Ring Mod FAS Modern III Bass
I can tell Drew was not guiding the drums this time :cry:

Sorry man, I dropped the ball this week, but it was either drop the ball with this or drop the ball with work/sleep and I can’t afford to do that right now! Hoping to get a 5-day vacation in the next couple of weeks where I can spend a few hours banging out a few tracks to last us a while!

(Also not going to lie, I haven’t even heard the submissions in this thread yet. I‘ve been getting home and hitting the couch, I didn’t even have the energy to order food last night, I just kinda whimpered on my couch half asleep :ROFLMAO: )

Sorry man, I dropped the ball this week, but it was either drop the ball with this or drop the ball with work/sleep and I can’t afford to do that right now! Hoping to get a 5-day vacation in the next couple of weeks where I can spend a few hours banging out a few tracks to last us a while!

(Also not going to lie, I haven’t even heard the submissions in this thread yet. I‘ve been getting home and hitting the couch, I didn’t even have the energy to order food last night, I just kinda whimpered on my couch half asleep :ROFLMAO: )
Hey no apologies necessary or blame shifting meant on my part :rofl It was moreso just me realizing how much I HATE my current drum creation scenario. I need to find something easier to edit where I don't feel like I am jumping all over the place between vst and the DAW tools and the piano roll just to fix a couple of stupid flubs or sections that don't fit the riff I am writing :cuss

Hey no apologies necessary or blame shifting meant on my part :rofl It was moreso just me realizing how much I HATE my current drum creation scenario. I need to find something easier to edit where I don't feel like I am jumping all over the place between vst and the DAW tools and the piano roll just to fix a couple of stupid flubs or sections that don't fit the riff I am writing :cuss

Hahahha I do it the same way, I just drag the MIDI files from the VST into the DAW, but it’s a one click/slide movement with SD3/Logic and is faster for me than using SD3’s song creator where you load the MIDI’s in the VST itself. And I can manipulate them in the piano roll once they’re in there.

I’m going to look for some MIDI packs that have full tracks, rather than just 2-4 measures, that way I can just bang out a sh*tload of tracks in one session without actually constructing them as I’m pretty sure I’ve already tapped out my full-length MIDI’s.

Hahahha I do it the same way, I just drag the MIDI files from the VST into the DAW, but it’s a one click/slide movement with SD3/Logic and is faster for me than using SD3’s song creator where you load the MIDI’s in the VST itself. And I can manipulate them in the piano roll once they’re in there.

I’m going to look for some MIDI packs that have full tracks, rather than just 2-4 measures, that way I can just bang out a sh*tload of tracks in one session without actually constructing them as I’m pretty sure I’ve already tapped out my full-length MIDI’s.
There were plenty of drum tracks available from the first few weeks if someone was in a pinch. That being said I’d definitely be interested in checking out some of full drum tracks when you share some. The drums you’ve already posted were great.

For week 4 here's a this - still working on tightening up the vocal melody on this one in the verses

Love the Blink 182 vibe this has going on. Feels like a high energy beach rock festival sort of thing. No idea what that means, but I like it. :rofl

My humble submission.

Performed the ride cymbal in superior as the overheads picked up exactly none of it
Mixed with mostly UA and PA plugins, my ssl bus plus on the drum bus and the snare going to the Lindell lin76 compressor.
Went Apesh*t with fx and color correction I know very little about in premiere pro.

Very cool! Dig that you had the chance to take the video and redo the audio on it.

Bumblebee with dead strings
Official JT FAS JP IIC+, 1959SLP and Recto presets
Ring Mod FAS Modern III Bass
I can tell Drew was not guiding the drums this time :cry:

Really like the riffs that kick in around the 50 second mark. Nice raunchy groove to them!

Gear:
'91 Ibanez RG570
Logic Drummer
Logic Sculpture
Valhalla Shimmer

This has "cool, eerie open world sci-fi/horror video game soundtrack" written all over it. Way to go!

Love the Blink 182 vibe this has going on. Feels like a high energy beach rock festival sort of thing. No idea what that means, but I like it. :rofl

Very cool! Dig that you had the chance to take the video and redo the audio on it.

Really like the riffs that kick in around the 50 second mark. Nice raunchy groove to them!

This has "cool, eerie open world sci-fi/horror video game soundtrack" written all over it. Way to go!
Thank you sir \m/

My humble submission.

Went Apesh*t with fx and color correction I know very little about in premiere pro.

Killer production and man, what a finish with that lead. Great to see you grin and smile.
You've got chops/talent!

Back