TGF Do Something Weekly Challenge Week 4

Gear:
'91 Ibanez RG570
Apollo Twin Duo mk2 Thunderbolt
Logic Drummer
Logic Sculpture
Logic loops for a couple of SFX
Helix Native--Placater(on all 3 Guitar tracks)--Simple Delay( on 2 of the Guitar tracks)--Kinky Boost(on 1of the Guitar tracks)
Valhalla Shimmer

Wow was not expecting that at all. Very cool

Here's my next entry:

Intro:

Guitar 1 - 1998 Hamer Slammer loaded with Fender Deluxe Drive single coils
Guitar 2 - 2022 Epiphone ES335 (less than 24 hours old...)
Both run thru Helix Rack JCM900 clean channel w/various DAW FX added for fun

Main Song:
Drums: Beta Monkey loops & hits
Bass: Solar A2.4, Helix preset w/Stupor OD pedal, Soldano Lead Amp, Mesa 610 Bass Cali Cab

Guitar 1 & 2: Solar A2.6S w/Elysian Trident II pickups
Guitar 3 & 4: B.C. Rich Blood Bound Warbeast w/Elysian Valkyrie pickup

Guitar 1 rig: Helix preset w/Stupor OD, Das Bensen Mega (Deizel), Ola Englund Mesa OS Cab IR
Guitar 2 rig: Helix preset w/Stupor OD, SLO100 lead, Ola Englund Mesa OS Cab IR
Guitar 3 rig: Helix preset w/Stupor OD, SLO100 lead, SLO 412
Guitar 4 rig: Helix preset w/Stupor OD, Das Bensen Mega (Deizel), Ola Englund Mesa OS Cab IR

DAW: Garageband
Interface: Scarlet 2i2 gen 1

That was tight and those harmonies! 🔥

Slapped this together this morning. Going for a GTA San Andreas vibe.

AD2 loop, added sub kick sample.
FF Twin doing the synth
Fender Stratocaster MIM 2011 on the wah track - HX Stomp - Essex A30
Bass is my Ibby Talman with HX Native - Cali Bass on one path -- D.Comp, Simp. Pitch (1 oct down), Agua 51 amp on other path
Lead track is my Ibanez Prestige AZ2402 guitar - one take
camera is my phone

Dude that was cool man... Hell Yeahhhh

Nice! This is a little more aggressive (dark?) sounding than you normally seem to go for? I like it!

FF Twin doing the synth
Bass is my Ibby Talman with HX Native - Cali Bass on one path -- D.Comp, Simp. Pitch (1 oct down), Agua 51 amp on other path
camera is my phone

I feel like this could be on the Chronic :love
This might be the stupidest thing I ever did :ROFLMAO:

Uber! \m/ That Voices of Rage gets me every time! Love it!

My humble submission.

Live video recorded with 20 tracks filled with bleed and warts. So I:
Re recorded 12 tracks of vocals over 3 singers with the Townsend L22 mic
Re recorded 4 tracks of guitars using two notes revolt and wall of sound
Reamped the lead thru my axe fx
Performed the ride cymbal in superior as the overheads picked up exactly none of it
Applied trigger extensively
Applied melodyne and vocalign where needed
Lined up all the audio to the keyboards and fixed timing issues
Mixed with mostly UA and PA plugins, my ssl bus plus on the drum bus and the snare going to the Lindell lin76 compressor.
Mastered to -13 lufs for YouTube.
Went Apesh*t with fx and color correction I know very little about in premiere pro.

Great take on this song. Your guitar sounds and work are great!

My favorite part about this song is you can not play the damn thing for YEARS and if someone requests it or you realize you need another song to pad out the list given the timeframe you currently are at; you start the damn thing up and everyone falls in place and you get it done.

Had a flurry of Sports Dadding obligations this week, so haven't even been able to listen
to all the submissions from the week, let alone start anything here. :brick

Being that it is Super Food Sunday I am not sure if that will even happen. Probably more of a belly rubbing evening here. :popcorn
:guiness

Bumblebee with dead strings
Official JT FAS JP IIC+, 1959SLP and Recto presets
Ring Mod FAS Modern III Bass
I can tell Drew was not guiding the drums this time :cry:

You had me with that opening groove, then slayed me with that bass, and poured dirt on me
with the guitar. :chef

Tightest mix yet. Great job, JT. That has Rival Sons vibes in spots---sorry to tell you. :LOL:

• Love
Reactions: JT

Gear:
'91 Ibanez RG570
Apollo Twin Duo mk2 Thunderbolt
Logic Drummer
Logic Sculpture
Logic loops for a couple of SFX
Helix Native--Placater(on all 3 Guitar tracks)--Simple Delay( on 2 of the Guitar tracks)--Kinky Boost(on 1of the Guitar tracks)
Valhalla Shimmer

You have this really cool cinematic flair to your compositions. I could see the waves crashing on the
shore as the Norse hordes stormed the shore preparing to unleash havoc.

Open Sea Wave GIF by Assassin's Creed

Last edited:

FF Twin doing the synth
camera is my phone

Jeezus that was tasty. So many scrumptious morsels in there. :chef

You had me with that opening groove, then slayed me with that bass, and poured dirt on me
with the guitar. :chef

Tightest mix yet. Great job, JT. That has Rival Sons vibes in spots---sorry to tell you. :LOL:
Thank you sir! I'll take it!

I embrace the ill-founded hate of shimmer verb with an open heart, and hereby submit this week's
meager offering. It's just a single guitar track. Sometimes life forces us to be a minimalist. :LOL:

Used a Squier Paranormal Cabronita Thinline Telecaster. Pretty sure they could have made the name longer. :idk
Fractal FM3 Super Reverb with one of the cloudy reverbs. StratoCumulousNympho-something or other.

Sorry, Dave! AAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!! 🧘‍♂️

This might be the stupidest thing I ever did :ROFLMAO:

Well, that as all sorts of unexpected fun. :headbang
I embrace the ill-founded hate of shimmer verb with an open heart, and hereby submit this week's
meager offering. It's just a single guitar track. Sometimes life forces us to be a minimalist. :LOL:

Used a Squier Paranormal Cabronita Thinline Telecaster. Pretty sure they could have made the name longer. :idk
Fractal FM3 Super Reverb with one of the cloudy reverbs. StratoCumulousNympho-something or other.

Dig the chill vibes. More please.

Great stuff! I wonder why you were apologizing to Dave :bag No judgement as my own drum track was crafted by a gent named Peter :bag:columbo:whistle

FAS ambience stuff is so GD good if you like that sort of thing. Excellent song choice to utilize those tools :chef

Here's my next entry:

Intro:

Guitar 1 - 1998 Hamer Slammer loaded with Fender Deluxe Drive single coils
Guitar 2 - 2022 Epiphone ES335 (less than 24 hours old...)
Both run thru Helix Rack JCM900 clean channel w/various DAW FX added for fun

Main Song:
Drums: Beta Monkey loops & hits
Bass: Solar A2.4, Helix preset w/Stupor OD pedal, Soldano Lead Amp, Mesa 610 Bass Cali Cab

Guitar 1 & 2: Solar A2.6S w/Elysian Trident II pickups
Guitar 3 & 4: B.C. Rich Blood Bound Warbeast w/Elysian Valkyrie pickup

Guitar 1 rig: Helix preset w/Stupor OD, Das Bensen Mega (Deizel), Ola Englund Mesa OS Cab IR
Guitar 2 rig: Helix preset w/Stupor OD, SLO100 lead, Ola Englund Mesa OS Cab IR
Guitar 3 rig: Helix preset w/Stupor OD, SLO100 lead, SLO 412
Guitar 4 rig: Helix preset w/Stupor OD, Das Bensen Mega (Deizel), Ola Englund Mesa OS Cab IR

DAW: Garageband
Interface: Scarlet 2i2 gen 1

You, Sir, are a Beast! I don't know what kind, but you never fail to impress. I love the seasick vibes
you get, too. That some kind of chorus/vibrato? Just killing it!! :banana

Great stuff! I wonder why you were apologizing to Dave :bag No judgement as my own drum track was crafted by a gent named Peter :bag:columbo:whistle

FAS ambience stuff is so GD good if you like that sort of thing. Excellent song choice to utilize those tools :chef

Well, I kind of stole it from the way Dave opens that song live in recent times... . with the slower tempo
and the chill vibe. Hence, the sorry. I think he likes to hear the crowd sing a long.

I was mocking the Shimmer thing with you last week and was like, "I never checked out the Fractal versions
of that style of Reverb." So I made a preset with one, went Ultra-High Quality (which makes a big difference
with those, in my opinion), and that was what I stumbled on.

I tried to toss some dotted 1/8th note Edge style delay on it, but it got a little busy for a single guitar. It was
like my signal was eating its own tail. :LOL:

Back