TGF Do Something Weekly Challenge Week 3

I had two hours to slap something together:

I wanted to give the Wampler fuzztration a go on rhythm beds with it's big bottom end, so the rhythm guitars are either fuzz mode of the fuzztration hard panned, GH50L, Captor X BHG, Greenback 4x12s.
I found a Police-ish groove in my Superior Drummer 2 loop collection and found it hilarious to take this and make it a AC/DC kind of relentless back-beating.
Bass is my usual P
That god-awful noodling in the middle is a zendrive into a 20W Jet City. That gives some more sustain, but everything sounds small as heck... still working on inspriring solo tones (and I should work on my solo vocab as well...) upwards and onwards!

That's amazing for 2 hours worth of work. WOW! And Jet City FTW!

Are you trying to record on GB and then transfer to the iMac for mixing?
I've basically always done everything on my MacBook or iMac (iMac replaced the MB). But, have tried a handful of times to fiddle with projects on my iPad that I initially created on a Mac. Doesn't seem to matter how I do it, I can't access them. Granted, I haven't put a ton of energy into figuring it out either...

I've basically always done everything on my MacBook or iMac (iMac replaced the MB). But, have tried a handful of times to fiddle with projects on my iPad that I initially created on a Mac. Doesn't seem to matter how I do it, I can't access them. Granted, I haven't put a ton of energy into figuring it out either...
Ah, I see :) I'm just using my AxeFx connected to the iPad and doing everything on the iPad from recording to exporting.

Here's this weeks damage, brought to you by playing after TOO MANY GUMMIES. Whole lot of issues with this all the way around, but only so many hours in the day to screw around with it.

Same equip as the last two weeks but I demoed Soothe2 which I ran against the distorted guitars. Tried to widen the image of the distorted guitars a little more, not entirely happy with them but oh well. Soundcloud also does a number on these as well I've found, which takes bad mixes and makes them even worse :ROFLMAO:

I wanted to give the Wampler fuzztration a go on rhythm beds with it's big bottom end, so the rhythm guitars are either fuzz mode of the fuzztration hard panned, GH50L, Captor X BHG, Greenback 4x12s.
I found a Police-ish groove in my Superior Drummer 2 loop collection and found it hilarious to take this and make it a AC/DC kind of relentless back-beating.
Bass is my usual P
That god-awful noodling in the middle is a zendrive into a 20W Jet City. That gives some more sustain, but everything sounds small as heck... still working on inspriring solo tones (and I should work on my solo vocab as well...) upwards and onwards!

Reverend Billy would be proud. :beer

Is that some slide and finger/hybrid picking going on?

This track creates images in my head... a wide, barren and gray landscape, fog, dark green and wet moss. Well done, Whizz!

Haha that’s awesome. Thanks man!

I do love the “alone in the woods at sunset, when suddenly the feeling of being watched washes over you” sorta vibe. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Just want to apologize up front for not checking this week's submissions, I got my ass handed to me this week. I'm in my studio now and am going to go over all these and hopefully steal some ideas from you all because it's almost noon and I currently have 2 riffs to start my submission with and bang it out in the next day and a half!

Man, there's definitely no way to anticipate what you'll come up with, aside from knowing it's always going to be entirely unto itself and you'll never know where it's going to go! You've got a massive library of sounds at your disposal, which is awesome! Really, really creative, man!

Wow, slower tempo and clean sounds! This isn't your usual Iron1 track! And then those telephone pole cables come out and start slicing through bodies! :rofl Hopefully things are letting up on the drama front, it's all temporary and this too, shall pass!

Really clear mix on this that jumped out of the speakers, nice!! This wouldn't sound out of place on an older Metallica album! :headbang

You damn real musicians! I love that change to the harmony part at 2:47! Totally unexpected and cool as f*ck!!! Is there an envelope filter or auto wah thing on the bass? Or is that a guitar with a wah doubling the bass part? Seems like there's something tucked under there. And yeah, I can definitely pick up on the Carlton vibe in this and I'm not even that familiar with him. Good stuff, man! Lots of cool tons and layers!

Man, every now and then your voice gets this Mike Patton tonal quality that I'm really f*cking jealous of. I'd be really interested to hear what you'd come up with for a whole album that you had a lot of time to work on. That's not meant as a dis to this at all, more of "If you're coming up with this in a week, WTF could you do in a year?!?!" I love the lack of standard structure and when you fall into these Bungle zones (the Agile section) I just get all kinds of giddy.

I was expecting this to be a return to the classic horror/Iron1 brutality, was surprised when it started off with kind of a punk vibe! More different territory for ya! Hahaha and then the brutality came in. \m/ \m/

Holy sh*t, I need to try the tonematching for acoustics more often! I did it once when I first got my III but I didn't get results like that!! Damn, dude! I still can't believe you're doing this on a f*cking iPad!!! Good driving-on-a-Summer-day vibe in this! Great playing and sounds, man!! I feel so f*cking lazy knowing you did this on an iPad.
:rofl

I didn't hear anything I thought sounded small! Love that slide tone in there, that's f*cking great! Great boogie thing goin' on with this And man, that Lovepedal air around the notes thing is so recognizable, I didn't read the description until after and was going to ask if that was a Lovepedal/Hermida! Good stuff, man! This makes me want to use a slide on my submission.....there's not enough slide in metal.

The song title

Delay guitars! Automatic love! Great tones all around, man, clean or distorted. You're making huge improvements every week with the mixing, like huuuge improvements. Love the pummeling metal that came in after kinda floating around on delay clouds. Everything is nice and tight, excellent, excellent work, man!

I'll count this just the same as every entry, I know you've been putting the hours into it! Band sounds great and the backup vocals are killer!!

Took some twists on this one. Wanted to sing; decided I can't sing. At least the way I want to for this :cop:rofl

I have some thoughts on it but I am not going to poison my own well :sofa I'll listen to everyone else's once my ears return to normal

Bumblebee
Ring Modulator for bass using my FAS Modern III amp preset
Rhythm guitars JP IIC+ preset, Recto preset and Marshall 1959 Jumped preset. All boosted with Chiron.
Melody bits are a blend of all these amp models. Tremonti wah up front.

Last edited:

Bass is my usual P

Love it! Nothing sounding small to me.

Here's this weeks damage, brought to you by playing after TOO MANY GUMMIES. Whole lot of issues with this all the way around, but only so many hours in the day to screw around with it.

Same equip as the last two weeks but I demoed Soothe2 which I ran against the distorted guitars. Tried to widen the image of the distorted guitars a little more, not entirely happy with them but oh well. Soundcloud also does a number on these as well I've found, which takes bad mixes and makes them even worse :ROFLMAO:

you get these awesome huge clean sounds!

Took some twists on this one. Wanted to sing; decided I can't sing. At least the way I want to for this :cop:rofl

I have some thoughts on it but I am not going to poison my own well :sofa I'll listen to everyone else's once my ears return to normal

Bumblebee
Rhythm guitars JP IIC+ preset, Recto preset and Marshall 1959 Jumped preset.
Melody bits are a blend of all these amp models.

Megadeth vibes! That strat sounds great.

You damn real musicians! I love that change to the harmony part at 2:47! Totally unexpected and cool as f*ck!!! Is there an envelope filter or auto wah thing on the bass? Or is that a guitar with a wah doubling the bass part? Seems like there's something tucked under there. And yeah, I can definitely pick up on the Carlton vibe in this and I'm not even that familiar with him. Good stuff, man! Lots of cool tons and layers!

Thanks!

That sound you’re hearing on the bass is a Clavinet comping along with the bass.

I can’t tell you how much I wanted a horn section for this one!

Bumblebee
Rhythm guitars JP IIC+ preset, Recto preset and Marshall 1959 Jumped preset. All boosted with Chiron.
Melody bits are a blend of all these amp models. Tremonti wah up front.

Dude that was f*cking cool as f*ck!!!!! F*ck yeah! That rhythm sound is yum, but when that vocal part came in I was all kinds of giddy!!

Back