Strymon BigSky Plugin

$200 is still overpriced AF, IMHO, but it can't be denied Strymon puts out incredible sounding stuff.

@2112 just dropped an impressive demo of the plugin.

I don’t disagree, but I doubt it’s worth Strymon’s time to release something that doesn’t hit a certain price tier.

I’d imagine there will be a bit of a price discovery here for them as they undoubtedly weigh releasing the Timeline etc.

Another really awesome reverb plugin at the other end of the price spectrum.

Last edited:
Honestly I'm really interested in this (and if they made a Time Line and Mobius), just to compare against Helix Native and see if I want to buy the hardware versions. I've wanted a Time Line for close to a decade now. Only Strymon pedal I have is the Iridum and I really like it (playing through it right now).

But $200 is too steep for me. $100 would be instant buy. I'll wait to see if it goes on sale.

Also, I could see running a virtual Stryfecta after a Neural DSP plugin. Neural does a good job with the amp and cab tones but their effects are really dumb as you are locked into whatever they want.

Plini + Stryfecta = sex

Honestly I'm really interested in this (and if they made a Time Line and Mobius), just to compare against Helix Native and see if I want to buy the hardware versions.

The Big Sky plugin has a 7-day free trial available right now. Should be plenty to A/B against Helix Native.

KILLER plugin.

UAD and Strymon are kinda the Adobe of tones; they gonna charge what they gonna charge, no apologies at all, and folks are gonna gripe about it, and about their business models. All valid. But if you go there, it’s usually a safe bet, on many levels. Among cheap plugins, PSP, out of Poland, are all over pro mixes, ever since the beginning, with their amazing Vintage Warmer from like 1999. They also have a simple, vibey free reverb.

Still a go-to of mine from your recommendation at that other place!

I agree that at 100$ its a buy for me. At 150 I'm really thinking I might not need it, and at 200 its just not something I need.

Back