Aurora DSP Liver6 (WTAF?)

https://auroradsp.com/liver6
Just received a promo email from them about this because I bought their Laney Ironheart plugin last month and reading the copy made me go, "What the actual fuck?!". I feel both enraged and excited reading about it because it is trying to boomer-ify millennials but also laugh at the competition for trying to be "the next big thing". Can't decide if this is genius or dumb.

EDIT: the fact that this is a free plugin is also driving me a little bit nuts...

:rofl

I think Dave Friedman’s kid is involved-

IMG_0038.jpeg

Downloaded it and it's basically like the Bogren one-knob thingamajigs. The amp model selector dial is essentially a gain control and it does that one sound that Glenn Fricker keeps ranting about these days (TS>5150>V30>57; not the Line6 Insane setting which tbh would have been more awesome).

Love it. Unfortunately it’s probably a joke.
Don’t like that they kept it gender agnostic with the amp names. Not 2000 enough

must be April Fool’s day…..

Yup. It is a functional plugin, but i can't imagine anyone at Aurora DSP putting serious effort into the thing.

That POD-alike UI looks like it took 30 minutes of work to put out.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

Daniel here from Aurora DSP. Although it might seem like an April Fool's joke, we've actually developed a functional plugin. This is a sound I've been using in my studio for years.

I'm excited to delve into creating fully functional "non-joke" POD models as part of our DriveThru series. It's a bit of a nostalgic journey for me, and I believe it will be for all digital modeling enthusiasts as well. I hope you enjoy the Liver6.

Yeah as I stated in my post above, it is a real plugin that makes crabcore/metalcore/buttcore/corecore noises and makes them decently well. It’s a typical 00’s signal chain for the 000000 enthusiasts like me. I love it and hate it at the same time.

Accurate “Pod Native” Simulator. Imma simulate this simulation while I wait for the simulated simulator to complete the simulated simulation.

Back