Strymon BigSky MX

Can someone please explain IR based reverb to me like the apparent idiot that I am? I thought they were just for cabs…

WTF, you learn something everyday I guess.

Can someone please explain IR based reverb to me like the apparent idiot that I am? I thought they were just for cabs…

WTF, you learn something everyday I guess.

Reverb was actually one of the first impulse response uses. Called convolution reverb. Made by miking up a space and then playing some kind of burst of noise and recording how it decays. Made for very realistic reverbs in plugins. Then someone realized it could capture the tone of a speaker which was never done properly just with EQ. And that moved guitar amp modeling way forward.

Reverb was actually one of the first impulse response uses. Called convolution reverb. Made by miking up a space and then playing some kind of burst of noise and recording how it decays. Made for very realistic reverbs in plugins. Then someone realized it could capture the tone of a speaker which was never done properly just with EQ. And that moved guitar amp modeling way forward.
Thank you @Jarick !

Back