St. Rock AMPERIUM LIVE

@st.Rock @deLuther

Any advice if I wanted to run a preamp pedal into the effects loop of the Amperium? Ideally I would then use the pre effects and post effects on the Amperium when solely using that said preamp pedal.

Thanks!

Laughs in IR-X?
1000001993.jpg

Yes 😂

So is the Amperium DC input jack not polarity sensitive? The Amperium supply is center-positive, but it seems folks are able to use a center-negative supply with it?

Greetings, all.

Just ordered the Amperium Live. Some hoop-jumping was necessary to get the order to take, but it did go through.

The Michael Nielsen video is what sold me & don't give a flyin' frig that it doesn't have a touch screen or dilithium crystals on a given reverb. I'm old(er) and meat + potatoes is all I require. That includes effects as well - phase/flange/vibe etc. The editor looks pretty straight forward & nice to see the signal chain is divided into both preamp & power amp. Also love that it has bluetooth so it can be edited with any manner of screen.

The Amperium Live will replace the Amplifire I'm currently using for recording. Not being able to connect to the editor was the final straw. Still dig the Marshall tones in it, although from all I've heard, the Amperium can more than hold it's own with just about anything out there. Amp tones, especially.

Here's hoping it gets supported for the foreseeable future & nice to see the @st.Rock guys hanging out here.
I think the higher-gain Marshall tones are especially great in the Amperium. The Friedman models I've tried (and I haven't even tried them all yet!) are great, as are the JVM models.

For balls-out high gain, I was impressed by the Krank models. I've never touched a Krank amp, and I don't know that I've ever used a model of one either--maybe in Kazrog's Thermionik? The Krank model has that FAS Brootalz form of instant high gain satisfaction.

I think the higher-gain Marshall tones are especially great in the Amperium. The Friedman models I've tried (and I haven't even tried them all yet!) are great, as are the JVM models.

For balls-out high gain, I was impressed by the Krank models. I've never touched a Krank amp, and I don't know that I've ever used a model of one either--maybe in Kazrog's Thermionik? The Krank model has that FAS Brootalz form of instant high gain satisfaction.
They do have a Friedman SS model @Whizzinby

But yeah I really enjoy the dual recs as well. Being able to modify the revision and channel from the main UI is so nice

@Mongillo19 - I most certainly did. And while the absence of physical knobs initially gave me pause (can understand where @Sascha Franck is coming from), the only real detractor was the lack of an overall volume control. This has been fixed already and most welcome.

In the process of programming drum tracks for a backlog of original tunes and can't wait to record with it. After watching the Michael Nielsen video I feel like I already know how to program it & what to look for in doing so. Been looking for a new multi for months now & the Amperium Live checked all the necessary boxes - small / easy to use / highly programmable, but not to the point of option paralysis. Oh - the seamless patch switching in the video @st.Rock pointed me to definitely weighed in the decision. Bluetooth is nicing on the cake.

How are you liking yours? How are you using it ? What's your signal chain ?

Same questions for @TheTrueZoltan! @MikeO1960 @GuitarJon @eggpl@nt

@Electric I

Awesome to hear!

I'm really enjoying mine. Some amp models are better than others but there are plenty that are fantastic (on par with FAS). I haven't even touched the front panel. I just load up the app on my phone and do all my editing there. Better than bending over and messing with it imo. The app works really well and updating is a breeze.

Right now I have mine stand alone but I'm about to throw together a board with it. I'm still a believer analog fuzz is unparalleled so ill have 3 of those and a Friedman irx in the loop for some extra fun.

I'll admit when I first fired it up with the Axe Fx next to me...I thought "why did I buy this". But after playing with it, I'm very happy with my purchase. It has a good amount amps that aren't in the fractalverse and it has slightly different feel.

The effects are a little limited compared to other devices but the basics are there

Back