St. Rock AMPERIUM LIVE

But I only seem to be getting a clean guitar tone when disabling pre amp, power amp and attempting to just use the Amperium effects loop. Almost feels like it isn't active?

Any thoughts @st.Rock or @deLuther? I'm trying to run a Friedman IRX in the loop

To activate loop return, set MIX in Routing and Levels (by clicking any connector icon in software) to 0.
But there can be some problem if you plug a preamp between send and return, because send level is suited for FX pedals etc, level is lower than device input level. But for guitar into some pedals and preamps straight into the Amperium Live Return everything will be fine if MIX set to 0.

Last edited:
MIX knob is mixing between internal preamp section and loop

1699208254232.png

blockDiagram-768x296.png

Well, a very typical scenario is adding your favourite analog drives in front of the modeled amp.
And where is the problem? You can place in front of Amperium any pedal you want.
I don't see any restriction.

The problem is you don't have the device and maybe didn't read a manual...
If you talking about Amperium loop, then you can't moving LOOP in the signal chain.
You can move effects before loop (FX1, FX2, DRV, PRE) and and after loop - all others.

Better way to understand Amperium design - it's imagine that is real tube amp with some additional features.

Last edited:
And where is the problem? You can place in front of Amperium any pedal you want.
I don't see any restriction.

Slapping a pedal in a loop allows you to:
a) Add boosts before.
b) Program the on/off status by switching the loop on/off. People are doing that all the time.

If you talking about Amperium loop, then you can't moving LOOP in the signal chain.

Yeah, I've seen that now. As said, usually you can move loops around as much as you like (unless their dedicated analog loops such as on the Tone Master Pro).

@Sascha Franck I think it‘s a perfectly reasonable design choice to place the loop between pre- and power amp. I mean, that‘s exactly how most tube amps are designed, isn‘t it? With other modelers this realistic signal chain isn‘t even possible because pre- and power amps aren‘t separate blocks.

@Sascha Franck I think it‘s a perfectly reasonable design choice to place the loop between pre- and power amp. I mean, that‘s exactly how most tube amps are designed, isn‘t it? With other modelers this realistic signal chain isn‘t even possible because pre- and power amps aren‘t separate blocks.

Well, sure, it's mimicking the analog world. But that was never something I really needed/wanted too much from modeling, especially in case it's mimicking the shortcomings.
And in this case, I'd vastly prefer the loop to offer free placement, because one of the things I'm doing most often is to insert analog drives there.

Well, sure, it's mimicking the analog world. But that was never something I really needed/wanted too much from modeling, especially in case it's mimicking the shortcomings.
And in this case, I'd vastly prefer the loop to offer free placement, because one of the things I'm doing most often is to insert analog drives there.
Amperium have some restriction due CPU DSP. See block diagram.
We everyone understood that Amperium is not your device. -) it's OK -)

Hmm, maybe we could make a wish list?! :unsure:
Yes you can...
But...
Amperium is based on schematic modeling. We must have full and detail schematic with all modes.
We have added what we can. If we will have something new in full technical details - we will add it.

Back