St. Rock AMPERIUM LIVE

Hi everyone..

I got request from Sven to join this thread... so i am here...
I will be glad to answer on some yours questions, proposes -)
Hope deLuther also be here soon.
Welcome! Awesome product you all have made!

I received mine yesterday and definitely am just getting started. I do have one question.

When using headphones out, it almost sounds like there is clipping occuring although the clipping light is not on. When I run it through my audio interface via headphones that same noise doesn't occur, any thoughts?

Thank you!

Welcome! Awesome product you all have made!

I received mine yesterday and definitely am just getting started. I do have one question.

When using headphones out, it almost sounds like there is clipping occuring although the clipping light is not on. When I run it through my audio interface via headphones that same noise doesn't occur, any thoughts?

Thank you!

Clipping leds showing clipping in digital chain.
If led not light then no clipping in signal chain.
Why headphones may have artefacts : maybe due to big impedance.
Standard headphones impedance is 32 Ohms.
What headphones are you use?

Perks of working from home: spent the morning jamming away on the Amperium. @TheTrueZoltan! was right - by backing off the gain (to what I would consider to be quite low) on the overdrive pedals helps. The SD-1 model works well. I was even getting along with the Nightmare model this morning through an old IR that was posted to the Fractal forum many moons ago. @GuitarJon showed this in his demo, but the Orange model is well done. I loaded it up and got exactly what I expected.

The Octaver hidden in the Delay block is fun too. I wish the parameters were names more clearly. They correspond to different octaves, as best as I can tell, but I was able to get what I wanted after some tweaking.

All in all, really cool multi-fx and amp modeler.

@st.Rock - when I try to upload some IRs, I get a WRONG FILE! warning in the editor. I tried uploading two IRs, which I captured using the exact same hardware and software, and one uploaded, the other did not. What could cause the WRONG FILE! warning?

Clipping leds showing clipping in digital chain.
If led not light then no clipping in signal chain.
Why headphones may have artefacts : maybe due to big impedance.
Standard headphones impedance is 32 Ohms.
What headphones are you use?
Looks like mine might be 63? Sony MDR 7506

@st.Rock - when I try to upload some IRs, I get a WRONG FILE! warning in the editor. I tried uploading two IRs, which I captured using the exact same hardware and software, and one uploaded, the other did not. What could cause the WRONG FILE! warning?

Please don't take it so close to himself. I just want to show on your example how will be better for us and users.

It's very good that you write about problem. But your post can't help you and can't give understanding to us.
We don't see your files. We don't know what are you doing and how.

Would be better if your wrote something like that:
I have problems with loading this two IR files (and attach files).
I am loading it in CAB Block in IR Manager by pressing plus button (or using drag&drop), or by pressing folder button in CAB section etc.

In this way we can check files and repeat the problem instead of a lot messaging in the forum -)

It`s not posted here, so I`m also will mentioned here, windows users can try our public modeling VST plugin here:
Drives + Full model of ENGL TubeToner E430 preamp + EVH 5153 50W Power amp.

Playing around with this today more. It truly does sound great!

As others have mentioned some models are just ok but the ones that are good....are very good. Ive only used the desktop editor and my phone to use the device but both of those are super easy to use and straightforward. Will try to make some clips in the coming days

[...] My go-to IR is a Celestion, but my physical 2x12 cabinets are stocked with Eminence speakers. I expected to gel with the impedance curves better, but I’m fine having one solid curve I like.
If you use a Celestion speaker IR, an Eminence impedance curve will just not be the right fit, even if you like the Eminence speakers in your cab.
[...] @TheTrueZoltan! was right - by backing off the gain (to what I would consider to be quite low) on the overdrive pedals helps. The SD-1 model works well. [...]
I meant the volume of the OD model, not the gain.

If you use a Celestion speaker IR, an Eminence impedance curve will just not be the right fit, even if you like the Eminence speakers in your cab.

I meant the volume of the OD model, not the gain.
I was tracking with you. By gain, I meant Output Level. I usually refer to the “gain” control as distortion.

If you are talking about Impedance Curves - need to start from IR what you use with.
Need to use netral flat IR's. Without an impedance curve.
Easy test : if a guitar in standard E tuning, take quinte A on 5 fret - It's about 110Hz.
Try 5-6 fret.
If you hear a lot of resonance "booming" on low frequencies then 99% your IRs is not flat.

Current list of impedance curves if fully describe all possibly variants - that is if we are talking about mid and high frequencies.
The low frequencies can be different. Bcs it's more depends from construction of cabinet, speakers quantity etc.
If you say that they is bad - describe what you don't like. React:IR curve have different response on low frequencies than others.

===================================== Added after
I have made the test firmware with #react:ir# style impedance curves. If you want you can try it.
st-rock.com/AmperiumSupport/firmwareIC.zip

Last edited:
If you are talking about Impedance Curves - need to start from IR what you use with.
Need to use netral flat IR's. Without an impedance curve.
Easy test : if a guitar in standard E tuning, take quinte A on 5 fret - It's about 110Hz.
Try 5-6 fret.
If you hear a lot of resonance "booming" on low frequencies then 99% your IRs is not flat.

Current list of impedance curves if fully describe all possibly variants - that is if we are talking about mid and high frequencies.
The low frequencies can be different. Bcs it's more depends from construction of cabinet, speakers quantity etc.
If you say that they is bad - describe what you don't like. React:IR curve have different response on low frequencies than others.
Just to add to my previous comment: by saying I only like the React:IR curve, I don’t mean to imply the others are bad. There are impedance curves in the Axe Fx, for example, that I don’t particularly like either. I just think the React:IR curve is unobtrusive enough to work well with the IRs I tried.

I have a DV77, CV75, and Swamp Thang loaded in my cabs. I’ll be experimenting with the Amperium through those cabs this weekend, and I’m looking forward to being able to load the corresponding impedance curve.

It`s not exactly impedance curve. It`s circuit of equivalent load, REACT:IR is after our load box version 3, other is tuned to particular speaker curve.
But overall "impedance curve" is result of power amp feedback, transformer parameters, tubes and load.
Not just static IC (impedance curve) IR.

Back