St. Rock AMPERIUM LIVE

The main channel is Left (Input).
Logic:
LEFT-RIGHT - that is mean that in Left channel you will get Left signal, in the Right - right signal
LEFT-LEFT - left channel left signal, in the right channel also left signal (right=left)
LEFT-THROUGH - left channel have a left signal, the right channel is in Through(bypass) mode
RIGHT-RIGHT - in the left channel the signal is from right channel, in the right - right

and so on...
So the first word is what is in the left channel, second word is what is in the right channel.

About Loop.
By default LOOP is disabled by MIX knob.
Signal takes from PRE (preamp part) and goes to POST(Master) part.
The knob MIX is mixing signals from PRE part and RETURN.
INTERNAL SEND ROUTING - is select what will come from PRE part - by default both channels with the same signal LEFT-LEFT.
RETURN ROUTING - is select what the signal comes from Return. It can be stereo - LEFT-RIGHT, or double mono : LEFT-LEFT or RIGHT-RIGHT.

View attachment 13615

SEND ROUTING that is what will be on physical send outputs.
May be LEFT-LEFT - is double mono where left=right, or LEFT-MUTE - in this case right channel will be muted.
Thanks for the info, St. Rock. I'll keep it in mind when I run some FX loop tests later today.

I think it suits people who already know or are familiar with amps and the sounds they want. It only comes with 4 presets so it's literally a blank canvas to work with. If you're a presets player, then, it might not immediately give you what you want. If you're a tweaker, then, I think you'll find there's plenty here for you to get to where you want to be.

It only took me about 30mins to get my basic sounds dialled-in and that's by going straight to the amp/s I would use.

It also boots up almost instantly, so, there's literally no waiting around. I'm surprised the website doesn't highlight the Amperium Live's strengths tbh outside the latency.

I think it suits people who already know or are familiar with amps and the sounds they want. It only comes with 4 presets so it's literally a blank canvas to work with. If you're a presets player, then, it might not immediately give you what you want. If you're a tweaker, then, I think you'll find there's plenty here for you to get to where you want to be.

It only took me about 30mins to get my basic sounds dialled-in and that's by going straight to the amp/s I would use.

It also boots up almost instantly, so, there's literally no waiting around. I'm surprised the website doesn't highlight the Amperium Live's strengths tbh outside the latency.
Do you have any other digital device experience

Damn, the JVM410 model sounds sooo good (apart from the noise floor, which is also present in the real amp).

I played around a bit with the impedance curves and found that the Private Jack comes closest to my personal taste. It's so quick and easy to dial in great tones with the Amperium.

They‘re not vague at all! Just take a look at Emenince Speakers‘ product page.
Eric Wareheim Mind Blown GIF by Tim and Eric

Damn, the JVM410 model sounds sooo good (apart from the noise floor, which is also present in the real amp).

I played around a bit with the impedance curves and found that the Private Jack comes closest to my personal taste. It's so quick and easy to dial in great tones with the Amperium.
Have you tried the new dumble model? I'm really enjoying it!

@TheTrueZoltan! - just watched some JVM410 videos, and if that model in the Amperium live comes close, then hallelujah. Forgot how good that amp sounds. You mentioned the noise floor, are you using Amperium‘s gate with it?

Also, that’s so weird about the scaling issue. Hopefully there’s a resolution. Looking to edit on an M2. Crossing fingers.

@Mongillo19 - great idea. A high/low cut to the cabs would be most welcome. Most guitar speakers are between 80-5 kHz and it would be nice to set that range inside the Amperium.

All in all, this is the first time I’ve really looked forward to using modeling software and to do some in-depth tweaking.

Oh I guess I didn't realize you could change all those parameters (including adding a high/low pass). It's just ease of use to have it on the cab block but it would a low priority item I think
In EQU block you can change any parameters :
filter type : Peak, Low Pass, High Pass, All pass, Band Pass, Notch, Low shelf, high shelf
and Freq + Q. If band in zero state then it bypassed and don't take CPU power.
So you can use only HP+LP. And using toggling active\bypass in the block for checking effect.

I've been struggling with noise from my PC forever.....it sucks

You might want to buy one of these:

These little boxes have saved my sorry a$$ sooo often it's tough to believe.
Basically nothing else but the galvanic separation part of a DI box.

Back