St. Rock AMPERIUM LIVE

Hi St Rock, I'm using 1.82 and it's working fine. Any chance we could get the same update for Android? It's weird using my phone and not having access to all amps. Even better would be to de-couple the editor so it can just read what the firmware has.
@TheTrueZoltan! answered you -)
As far as I understand 1.82 is a beta version of the Amperium software and mobile apps will be updated when the final version is released.

1.82 is beta. And there only Dumble is absent from amps in the mobile apps.
We waiting for updating programming language IDE for supporting macOS Sonoma and Android API 33.
Hope it will be in November. After we will update release versions off all software.

Last edited:
If someone interested
We have internal Beta
https://st-rock.com/get_latest_amperium_beta.php

That is beta what we internal use with our beta testers.
No details just a beta.
But for first run - this 1.81
fixed Gate
Added Wah
Added Dumble amps
Added USB audio - just for test - only for reamping - we find it unusable for realtime playing
GUI fixes
Midi CC commands
Added new bugs
No details for beta... beta is beta.... can changes 10 times per day...
Thx for understanding....

To current active users who testing beta version.
Is it worth leaving USB audio in the form in which it is now? Or is it better to delete and not be embarrassed?

Is it worth leaving USB audio in the form in which it is now? Or is it better to delete and not be embarrassed?
I can only speak for myself, but I generally don't use this function on modelers as they usually have a much higher latency than designated interfaces.

Here is a very amateur comparison of the 1959SLP Plexi in the St Rock and Fractal. Both matched settings and using the same IR. No drives or reverb.

Dual Rec 2 channel red

1959SLP Plexi

Feel free to guess or say what you prefer

Please leave it as is. Kemper has only this year got this feature. This is something that could be improved further down the line when you have time.

As a user, the most important things for me is to complete the description of all values for the multifx and document the midi implementation.

I am in the process of setting my patches up for band use running through the power amps of a JCM TSL122 and JMD102. I will be pairing it with a Boss FV500H and Digitech Whammy 5th gen.

I have already tested it with my JOYO BSK80 via line-in and it sounds awesome.

See, other devices don't need MIDI footswitches. You can flip modes either straight on the unit or connect an external switch to do so. Or program an external switch to do a whole number of things. I know that this is out of the equation as the hardware doesn't have any external switch inputs but MIDI.
You could however still add some additional modes to the footswitches. How about this:

- Left- or rightmost switch becomes a mode switch, allowing you to toggle between modes (could even be more than just two modes, maybe selectable via some preference).

- Mode #1 would be plain preset switching on switches 1-3.

- Mode #2 would bring you into footswitch mode. Switches 1-3 would now control individual blocks. And in case you wanted to make this even more flexible, each switch could control more than one block. For instance, one of my most typical ways to generate a lead sound out of pretty much any rhythm sound would be to add a pre-amp boost (usually a compressor or a light drive), a post-amp EQ and some post amp spatial FX (delay/verb). Having those routed to one single switch is something I'm already doing since decades. With this, I'd still have two more switches left to add whatever it might be.

- In case there'd be a mode #3, it could be favourite mode or so.

All this should of course only be optional - but being familiar with L6's HX-universe, I can already tell you that people would make a lot of use of those options.

Btw, there's no word about MIDI implementation anywhere in the manual, so how would I know what functionality is available?
I´m with Sascha Franck.

I think he´s giving such a valuable feedback to st.Rock, and if they listen to him (and to other guys over here who are showing up their thoughts on the unit) they can make a great unit in the future.

For now, for live use, I also find this unit sub-par to almost anything in the market (in that price range, or even cheaper). For a gig, I would undoubtely use a Mooer GE250 instead of an Amperium Live. I find it severely limited for on-the-midle-of-a-gig on-the-fly tweaks... those ones that you almost never need to do (because you setup your tones and presets at home and bla-bla-bla), but in that rare situations that you need it... you just can´t do it easily and in very little time. That´s live use for me.

I think this unit is still awesome. It seems to sound great, the modeling is great, and it´s a fantastic job from a little company in their first hardware apropach.

I just hope the next gen of hardware is more gig-friendly. I´d be really interested then.

Just exposing my thoughts, please don´t feel ofended. Actually, these critics are positive and with helping wishes.

I´m with Sascha Franck.

I think he´s giving such a valuable feedback to st.Rock, and if they listen to him (and to other guys over here who are showing up their thoughts on the unit) they can make a great unit in the future.

For now, for live use, I also find this unit sub-par to almost anything in the market (in that price range, or even cheaper). For a gig, I would undoubtely use a Mooer GE250 instead of an Amperium Live. I find it severely limited for on-the-midle-of-a-gig on-the-fly tweaks... those ones that you almost never need to do (because you setup your tones and presets at home and bla-bla-bla), but in that rare situations that you need it... you just can´t do it easily and in very little time. That´s live use for me.

I think this unit is still awesome. It seems to sound great, the modeling is great, and it´s a fantastic job from a little company in their first hardware apropach.

I just hope the next gen of hardware is more gig-friendly. I´d be really interested then.

Just exposing my thoughts, please don´t feel ofended. Actually, these critics are positive and with helping wishes.
In my short time with it, I'd say paired with a phone it's very easy to do those kind of tweaks, minus the fact that the changes dont happen until you let your finger off the screen. YMMV.

In my short time with it, I'd say paired with a phone it's very easy to do those kind of tweaks, minus the fact that the changes dont happen until you let your finger off the screen. YMMV.
I get what you say...

In my case, using a phone to tweak on the fly is not an option, sadly.

Last edited:
@TheTrueZoltan! answered you -)

1.82 is beta. And there only Dumble is absent from amps in the mobile apps.
We waiting for updating programming language IDE for supporting macOS Sonoma and Android API 33.
Hope it will be in November. After we will update release versions off all software.
Actually, the last amp in the mobile app is 106: Vox Normall, so it's not just the Dumble.

@Mongillo19 - the dual rec sounds are pretty close to each other, so didn’t prefer one over the other. Hard to guess which one is which. With the plexis, the first one sounded fuller, and the second one sounded brighter and less fuller. So the plexi 1 is preferred.

As a sidenote, hearing a fair amount of what sounds like monitor noise in the plexi clips. I recognize it because I was getting it recording on my MacBook, while my PC desktop was on and once I turned my PC off, the noise went away.

Either way, thanks for taking the time.

As a user, the most important things for me is to complete the description of all values for the multifx and document the midi implementation.

That would be welcome.

Far as tweaking on a phone goes, I resisted the idea for the longest time, but now I realize the value in it. And yeah, it might be nice if the parameter changes took affect when pressing instead of releasing. I don’t think it’ll take much to get used to the way it is currently. Maybe this could be a selectable option.

Back