St. Rock AMPERIUM LIVE

As a sidenote, hearing a fair amount of what sounds like monitor noise in the plexi clips. I recognize it because I was getting it recording on my MacBook, while my PC desktop was on and once I turned my PC off, the noise went away.
I've been struggling with noise from my PC forever.....it sucks

@TheTrueZoltan! - like an auto-wah as a selectable effect ?

@Mongillo19 - same here. Which is one of the main reasons I bought a MacBook and an interface specifically made to work with it. Still, I do get noise if my PC is on, mainly the monitor, which is 2 feet away.

Last edited:
I'm new to The Gear Forum, but I would like to say that it has been a great source of guitar information overall (as a nonregistered reader).
Regarding St. Rock's Amperium Live, I've just received mine a couple of days ago and, so far, the experience has been amazing. It is very easy to tweak from the PC or tablet, and most importantly, it sounds amazing. I've only tried a few amps , but the ones that I've tried so far have been really good (a couple of Fender amps, Marshall JCM 800 and EVH 5150). Congrats to St Rock's team for the great product they have put out. I haven't tried any external IRs yet, but I'll do that soon, just to see how it reacts. In terms of the Amperium Live FX loop, I wasn't able to successfully connect it to my Rocktron Intellifex , as it seems to be bypassing the effects processor. I know that there are several options regarding routing but I guess I'm doing something wrong. My goal is to use the chorus/delay/reverb from that unit in the FX loop of Amperium Live (as I do with my Peavey Bravo 112 guitar amp). When it comes to the Amperium-Intellifex, I have connected the two units via two stereo cable (Y-type) with the purpose of using both units in stereo. For those who have been using the unit similarly (or in the four cable method), what kind of options have you turned on or off? By the way, concerning the same issue, when using the Amperium on its own, what would be the "correct" way to use it regarding routing (I got confused by the left-right, right-left, left-left, etc. connections between send and return, as I'm unexperienced in these matters 😓)?
I know that there are some members of St. Rock in this forum, so I would like to publicly say that I'm very happy with their unit and use this post to give them a shout-out for the amazing work they have been putting in!
Thanks in advance when it comes to my questions.

To activate loop return, set MIX in Routing and Levels (by clicking any connector icon in software) to 0.
But there can be some problem if you plug a preamp between send and return, because send level is suited for FX pedals etc, level is lower than device input level. But for guitar into some pedals and preamps straight into the Amperium Live Return everything will be fine if MIX set to 0.

In terms of the Amperium Live FX loop, I wasn't able to successfully connect it to my Rocktron Intellifex , as it seems to be bypassing the effects processor. I know that there are several options regarding routing but I guess I'm doing something wrong.
Give this a go!

Page 7 has the full convo

I asked about the Boss EV-1-WL, but, was told only PC midi works. I asked for a list of supported devices and got no reply. This was a month ago. So, I've got no idea what would actually work.
If you have any midi expression pedal you can try it with the last beta.

(I got confused by the left-right, right-left, left-left, etc. connections between send and return, as I'm unexperienced in these matters 😓)?

The main channel is Left (Input).
Logic:
LEFT-RIGHT - that is mean that in Left channel you will get Left signal, in the Right - right signal
LEFT-LEFT - left channel left signal, in the right channel also left signal (right=left)
LEFT-THROUGH - left channel have a left signal, the right channel is in Through(bypass) mode
RIGHT-RIGHT - in the left channel the signal is from right channel, in the right - right

and so on...
So the first word is what is in the left channel, second word is what is in the right channel.

About Loop.
By default LOOP is disabled by MIX knob.
Signal takes from PRE (preamp part) and goes to POST(Master) part.
The knob MIX is mixing signals from PRE part and RETURN.
INTERNAL SEND ROUTING - is select what will come from PRE part - by default both channels with the same signal LEFT-LEFT.
RETURN ROUTING - is select what the signal comes from Return. It can be stereo - LEFT-RIGHT, or double mono : LEFT-LEFT or RIGHT-RIGHT.

1699747218925.png

SEND ROUTING that is what will be on physical send outputs.
May be LEFT-LEFT - is double mono where left=right, or LEFT-MUTE - in this case right channel will be muted.

Last edited:
A cover of Supermassive Black Hole using Amperium! 1959SLP with fuzz factory pedal out front for most of the song minus the verses where I just turned it off. Obviously mistakes are in there along with the solo 😂 I was struggling getting the sustain to work with the gate on the fuzz. I think the tone is pretty close!

Back