St. Rock AMPERIUM LIVE

I've messed around a little more with Amperium Live and I have to say that I'm very impressed by the unit. I was able to get excellent tones in a short amount of time, and so far, I've managed to dial in three presets with a few scenes each (a scene for each amp channel - Peavey 5150, and a couple of scenes for the Fender Bassman and Vox AC models). I've tried Amperium with an overdrive and a distortion pedal in front of it and it worked just fine. I've yet to try MIDI integration but I'm curious about it. I've tried several IRs but I still get the best results from the ones that come with the unit. Regarding the FX loop, I might be doing something wrong, as I've yet to be able to properly use it. I've followed everyone's recommendations but the unit seems to be bypassing the loop. By turning the internal loop off, the whole sound just cuts off. When I change the options, the changes affect the sound, but any pedal / rack guitar processor connected to it is bypassed. I don't mind this as much, since Amperium's effects are top notch, but I would like to identify what I'm doing wrong, because it would be cool to use some of the effects from the guitar effects processors that I own. To the st. Rock forum members, is there an email to where I can send a video of this issue so you can help me out privately? Or should I use the contact form from st. Rock's website?
Thanks!

To the st. Rock forum members, is there an email to where I can send a video of this issue so you can help me out privately? Or should I use the contact form from st. Rock's website?
I used the contact form. Vasilius followed up very quickly and we communicated via email while we worked through my ticket.

I've messed around a little more with Amperium Live and I have to say that I'm very impressed by the unit. I was able to get excellent tones in a short amount of time, and so far, I've managed to dial in three presets with a few scenes each (a scene for each amp channel - Peavey 5150, and a couple of scenes for the Fender Bassman and Vox AC models). I've tried Amperium with an overdrive and a distortion pedal in front of it and it worked just fine. I've yet to try MIDI integration but I'm curious about it. I've tried several IRs but I still get the best results from the ones that come with the unit. Regarding the FX loop, I might be doing something wrong, as I've yet to be able to properly use it. I've followed everyone's recommendations but the unit seems to be bypassing the loop. By turning the internal loop off, the whole sound just cuts off. When I change the options, the changes affect the sound, but any pedal / rack guitar processor connected to it is bypassed. I don't mind this as much, since Amperium's effects are top notch, but I would like to identify what I'm doing wrong, because it would be cool to use some of the effects from the guitar effects processors that I own. To the st. Rock forum members, is there an email to where I can send a video of this issue so you can help me out privately? Or should I use the contact form from st. Rock's website?
Thanks!
I have sent you PM with contact info.
Method of eggpl@nt also works fine -)

Hey guys, just got my unit. Is there a way to bulk import IR's yet - if so how/is it beta only? Also what sample rate should IRs be. I have 500ms IR's that are 48khz. thanks guys

Hey guys, just got my unit. Is there a way to bulk import IR's yet - if so how/is it beta only? Also what sample rate should IRs be. I have 500ms IR's that are 48khz. thanks guys
You can use any IR's with any length, sample rate etc.
Software have internal quality the resampler and the MPT engine.
Just use your favorite impulses.
Even better if you will use non MPT versions of IR's.

Last edited:
MPT - Minimal Phase Transformation.
Why it needed?
Many IR's have shift by phase.
Usually it looks like delay before IR data.
Some impulses have delay up to 2ms. So if you will use such IR's your chain latency will increased on this value.
Second aspect is a mixing of IR's. Like with mics, you need correct all signals(IR's) to the same phase to mix correctly.

So MPT correcting phase and solve many problems. Some "well knows names" on IR market have very mediocre phase correctors.
We have very good MPT engine since React:IR times.

If someone wants to experiment with our MPT there is console utility for windows MatcherCL which has MPT processing mode.

Along with IR making capabilities.

Amperium Live and REACT:IR performs this algorithm automatically.

It`s not very through that MPT destroys all phase information, maybe it can be thrue in some case, but mostly MPT removes IR group delay, retaining relative phase information as possible.

In some case different MPT approaches can lead to modified frequency response, but good implementation is void of such behavior.

For example, here is frequency response of the natural phase IR and it`s MPT counterpart from York Audio MES 412 OS, YA MES 412 OS 57m-1.wav at 44.1k (so the natural phase IR have high cut from resampling, it seems that this pack is made from 96k source)
319541-2414238.jpg

There is some difference in high end.
And there is comparison of frequency response between the natural phase IR and the same IR processed with help of MatcherCL (i.e. like Amperium Live or REACT:IR):
319541-2414240.jpg

I am somewhat familiar with such ir phase issues as it's something that my POD HD500X is affected by when running dual amps. There's literally a whole page dedicated to it and even a preset pack where the author has tried his best to eliminate or at least minimise the issue.

Good to know the Amperium Live resolves this issue automatically.

I am somewhat familiar with such ir phase issues as it's something that my POD HD500X is affected by when running dual amps. There's literally a whole page dedicated to it and even a preset pack where the author has tried his best to eliminate or at least minimise the issue.

Good to know the Amperium Live resolves this issue automatically.
It was thoroughly tested and polished with our REACT:IR for some time :)

You can use any IR's with any length, sample rate etc.
Software have internal quality the resampler and the MPT engine.
Just use your favorite impulses.
Even better if you will use non MPT versions of IR's.
Thanks guys. Any word on bulk import? I managed to manually import 200 separate IRs individually (spent 20minutes just listening to music while doing this). Not a huge deal i just put a few ir packs into this coz you never know when you like one :p

Thanks guys. Any word on bulk import? I managed to manually import 200 separate IRs individually (spent 20minutes just listening to music while doing this). Not a huge deal i just put a few ir packs into this coz you never know when you like one :p
At least in beta version you can open IR list, than press + button there and in file selection box you can select multiple files to load.
Folder button is for quick audition of IR directly from PC, + to the right is for adding this IR to the device memory (and into IR list).
For bulk import you should use + in IR list.

So mine came yesterday. Downloaded the app, which told me a firmware update was required. I did just that, and it went flawlessly.

Auditioned a few preamp models and made a main rhythm and a lead scene. The Friedman Dirty Shirley is an instant go-to amp model here.

Just getting started with this magic box and so far so very good.

@st.Rock or @deLuther - how do I change the phones volume to master output volume? I looked, but could not find the setting.

Attachments

• IMG_3189.jpeg
    IMG_3189.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 26
@st.Rock or @deLuther - how do I change the phones volume to master output volume? I looked, but could not find the setting.

I don not think that is possible. But you can set master volume by pushing the Main Control dial in (headphone volume stays with the designated dial).
I also received my device yesterday and I am quite happy with the sounds I got out of it, the DELIVERENCE model in particular.
I would like to see a Pittbull Ultra Lead with an update :-)

@st.Rock or @deLuther: I think it's better to skip the audio interface feature if it is not working on a decent level and there is no chance to make it work on that level because of hardware limitations. I guess most users will have a audio interface and a XLR cable to make it work this way.

Back