St. Rock AMPERIUM LIVE

If you want additional switches - you need to use external midi footswitch. IMHO that is the best solution.

See, other devices don't need MIDI footswitches. You can flip modes either straight on the unit or connect an external switch to do so. Or program an external switch to do a whole number of things. I know that this is out of the equation as the hardware doesn't have any external switch inputs but MIDI.
You could however still add some additional modes to the footswitches. How about this:

- Left- or rightmost switch becomes a mode switch, allowing you to toggle between modes (could even be more than just two modes, maybe selectable via some preference).

- Mode #1 would be plain preset switching on switches 1-3.

- Mode #2 would bring you into footswitch mode. Switches 1-3 would now control individual blocks. And in case you wanted to make this even more flexible, each switch could control more than one block. For instance, one of my most typical ways to generate a lead sound out of pretty much any rhythm sound would be to add a pre-amp boost (usually a compressor or a light drive), a post-amp EQ and some post amp spatial FX (delay/verb). Having those routed to one single switch is something I'm already doing since decades. With this, I'd still have two more switches left to add whatever it might be.

- In case there'd be a mode #3, it could be favourite mode or so.

All this should of course only be optional - but being familiar with L6's HX-universe, I can already tell you that people would make a lot of use of those options.

Btw, there's no word about MIDI implementation anywhere in the manual, so how would I know what functionality is available?

Thanks! And what does the PI Load mean for the Loop parameter
This is mean that preamp loaded to Phase Invertor cascade,
Loop - is on buffer cascade.
PI out - is experimental mode - it is signal after PI cascade, in this case master works something like PPMV - need use master on low values.
That is we are talking about jcm800.

Last edited:
This is mean that preamp loader to Phase Invertor cascade,
Loop - is on buffer cascade.
PI out - is experimental mode - it is signal after PI cascade, in this case master works something like PPMV - need use master on low values.
That is we are talking about jcm800.
So much thought went into these models. Insanely impressive. Kudos to you all

Sorry for all the questions @st.Rock and @deLuther

Is there any way to emulate a jumped Plexi?

All models with word LINK have jumper setting : PLEXI LINK, JTM45 LINK, BASSMAN LINK
1699309259403.png

Played my Amperium -> Fryette PS100 -> various cabs, and it sounded great. I only activated the preamps and used the PS100 for Presence/Depth. I’ll try the power amp emulation into the PS100 with the resistive load setting next; this is how I run my Axe in the same setup.

Good stuff @eggpl@nt. Guessing the Amperium compares favorably with the AFX ? Talking amp tones. I realize the Amperium doesn’t have all the bells and whistles that the AFX has.

Looking forward to trying amps I will probably never get to try in real life - JEL / Phil X / Framus Dragon to name a few.

Good stuff @eggpl@nt. Guessing the Amperium compares favorably with the AFX ? Talking amp tones. I realize the Amperium doesn’t have all the bells and whistles that the AFX has.

Looking forward to trying amps I will probably never get to try in real life - JEL / Phil X / Framus Dragon to name a few.
I think it's on par with FAS as far as tone for most of the models. It does seem to be brighter than the Axe Fx but I've always found the Axe Fx to be generally darker than just about any other digital device

Amperium definitely holds its own. If I only could keep one, I wouldn’t really struggle to choose the Axe, but it’s a remarkable companion piece. It’s partly the honeymoon period, but I’ve spent more time with the Amperium than the Axe this week.

Amperium definitely holds its own. If I only could keep one, I wouldn’t really struggle to choose the Axe, but it’s a remarkable companion piece. It’s partly the honeymoon period, but I’ve spent more time with the Amperium than the Axe this week.
what is the headphone amp like on the Amperium compared to the fractal?

what is the headphone amp like on the Amperium compared to the fractal?
I’ve only used my Yamaha WL500s since I got them several months ago. I don’t think the internal headphone amp matters as much for those as it would for traditional headphones. I could intentionally dabble with some IEMs between the too, but I don’t have an answer right now.

Hi St Rock, I'm using 1.82 and it's working fine. Any chance we could get the same update for Android? It's weird using my phone and not having access to all amps. Even better would be to de-couple the editor so it can just read what the firmware has.

Hi St Rock, I'm using 1.82 and it's working fine. Any chance we could get the same update for Android? It's weird using my phone and not having access to all amps. Even better would be to de-couple the editor so it can just read what the firmware has.
As far as I understand 1.82 is a beta version of the Amperium software and mobile apps will be updated when the final version is released.

Good to read. Expecting the Amperium Live to meet or exceed my needs.

What is in 1.82, exactly ?

Back