Some interesting news from Kemper (Profiler Player)

How many posts does it take to go from being excited about a new modeler to deciding it's complete and utter shit?

Owl GIF by Zack Kantor
Here I Am Mirror GIF by Jeopardy!

Where else? Off deleting an at best semi-relevant endless post in a thread about something I only sorta care about.

Came here as soon as I saw an Instagram post.

Firstly, I hate the business advice on gear sites. Kemper Fractal and L6 don't need business advice! They are all major business success stories. There were easier ways to get rich, but they each followed paths that have changed our lives. Kudos.

Kemper was never gonna be cheap, but everything he's ever released is a mega, perennial hit. He prices it based on building it at home not China to his own standards and sells it for what he thinks/believes he can/should get. So far it's worked. Yes, the whiff of premium can be daunting, even to a Kemper fan. But it's always benchmark manufacturing, exemplary distribution, open-ended support, and tones that convert heroes known for tones.

That doesn't mean it's the only way. Don't buy it if you don't want it. I'm imagining more Kemper owners supplementing their preexisting rigs but sure many new converts too.

It's gonna sell tons and it's gonna sound great. It looks pretty cool too. That's important!

The combination of IOS and front panel will be easy.

No offense to the accuracy police, but any good guitarist can make Kemper Line6 and Fractal work and sorry, no discerning listener would have any fn idea which any particular guitarist was using. Historically I've had an easier time getting there with Kemper ... by dialing something in fast and leaving it basically alone for a few years. When I'm blaming Kemper, it means I'm not playing enough. But again I strongly suggest guitarists who don't like Kemper use something else.

Personally whether or not I buy this thing, I'll enjoy wanting it, and it'll be fun seeing them pop up on tv show stages etc in a matter of days, no soon. This thing is available now. Not sure how they keep their peeps from peeping, but I'm guess it has to do with happy employees. Or threats. Or both.

Good times™

Why the fuck are we proposing new QC devices in a thread about a new Kemper device?!?

Also, Facebook comment says it’s a 24 watt power requirement?!?! So, like, 2.7 amps at 9 volts?!?!. That can’t be right.
Oh we off topic all the time here lol
Are you new

Joking aside it’s a tough price point compared to others IMO
This would have probably killed 5 years ago

From the manual:

" Environmental Requirements

Operating temperature: 5° to 45° C (41° to 113° F)

Non-operating temperature: −20° to 47° C (−4° to 116° F)

Relative humidity: 5% to 95% non-condensing

Maximum altitude: 2000 m (6,560 feet)"

Guitarists in Bhutan: :(

From the manual:

Or Colorado!

Where else? Off deleting an at best semi-relevant endless post in a thread about something I only sorta care about.

Came here as soon as I saw an Instagram post.

Firstly, I hate the business advice on gear sites. Kemper Fractal and L6 don't need business advice! They are all major business success stories. There were easier ways to get rich, but they each followed paths that have changed our lives. Kudos.

Kemper was never gonna be cheap, but everything he's ever released is a mega, perennial hit. He prices it based on building it at home not China to his own standards and sells it for what he thinks/believes he can/should get. So far it's worked. Yes, the whiff of premium can be daunting, even to a Kemper fan. But it's always benchmark manufacturing, exemplary distribution, open-ended support, and tones that convert heroes known for tones.

That doesn't mean it's the only way. Don't buy it if you don't want it. I'm imagining more Kemper owners supplementing their preexisting rigs but sure many new converts too.

It's gonna sell tons and it's gonna sound great. It looks pretty cool too. That's important!

The combination of IOS and front panel will be easy.

No offense to the accuracy police, but any good guitarist can make Kemper Line6 and Fractal work and sorry, no discerning listener would have any fn idea which any particular guitarist was using. Historically I've had an easier time getting there with Kemper ... by dialing something in fast and leaving it basically alone for a few years. When I'm blaming Kemper, it means I'm not playing enough. But again I strongly suggest guitarists who don't like Kemper use something else.

Personally whether or not I buy this thing, I'll enjoy wanting it, and it'll be fun seeing them pop up on tv show stages etc in a matter of days, no soon. This thing is available now. Not sure how they keep their peeps from peeping, but I'm guess it has to do with happy employees. Or threats. Or both.

Good times™
lol accuracy police. fuck outta here.

From the manual:

So he is not guaranteeing it if you pull it out on a transatlantic flight for a jam

I’m really confused about the price complaints…

UA amp pedals are just amps and cost $399
Friedman IR-X is just an amp and cost $499

GT-1000CORE is $599
HX Stomp is $649

This is $689

What did everyone expect?
Stomp has stereo in and out, stereo effects loop, 5-pin MIDI, 8 blocks, a screen. Also, I’d never buy one new.

I kinda get the price, but given a full rack is pretty easy to find for only $200 more used, for me, it’s just too high to even consider really.

I’m really confused about the price complaints…

UA amp pedals are just amps and cost $399
Friedman IR-X is just an amp and cost $499

GT-1000CORE is $599
HX Stomp is $649

This is $689

What did everyone expect?
It's what I personally expected. $600 would have been cool though.

Obviously they can't take the used market into account but the resale value of Kempers just take a huge hit. Some 50 percent off new. I can't think of many other digital devices that take such a hit.

Again, they don't factor that, nor should they.

Back