Soldano Astro 20

Spent a lot of time with the amp this week. It's so good.... all the shades of gain sound great, the clean channel is great, there's nothing I don't like about the amp so far. The gain texture is very nice, with a nice 3d grit to it and a fullness in the mids. The crunch can get nice and chimey but without the harshness that you sometimes get with a Marshall. High gain can sound pretty modern too but I feel like the amp "adapts" really well to the guitar and pickups you're using. So a metal guitar will sound very metal and a vintage guitar very vintage. Hard to explain but it's just a very flexible and versatile amp. It's very hard to make it sound bad basically haha!

Spent a lot of time with the amp this week. It's so good.... all the shades of gain sound great, the clean channel is great, there's nothing I don't like about the amp so far. The gain texture is very nice, with a nice 3d grit to it and a fullness in the mids. The crunch can get nice and chimey but without the harshness that you sometimes get with a Marshall. High gain can sound pretty modern too but I feel like the amp "adapts" really well to the guitar and pickups you're using. So a metal guitar will sound very metal and a vintage guitar very vintage. Hard to explain but it's just a very flexible and versatile amp. It's very hard to make it sound bad basically haha!
SLO-30 vs Astro 20 comparison coming up?

Finally gave up going back and forth on them and replaced the Jetson knobs.
Too bad they didn't silkscreen some sort of graduation markers on the faceplate around the pots.

20240312_172655.jpg

Alright, here's my review! LOVE this thing:

Knew you would! Can't wait to see how it stacks up against the SLO30.

Question for you; With all of the gear you have out all the time on shelves how do you manage dust?????

Every couple days my stuff ends up covered in it - must be quite the chore in your situation!

Last edited:
Knew you would! Can't wait to see how it stacks up against the SLO30.

Question for you; With all of the gear you have out all the time on shelves how do you manage dust?????

Every couple days my stuff ends up covered in it - must be quite the chore in your situation!

I'm not great at it! Sometimes when I notice some dust built up I whipe it off... :)

The crunch tone :chef

It's delicious!!

Astro's been out for a while now and I'd imagine a bunch of them have been sold already.
Just checked and there's only ONE used one for sale used on Reverb.

That may be the best new product review a piece of gear can get these days!

Last edited:
Astro's been out for a while now and I'd imagine a bunch of them have been sold already.
Just checked and there's only ONE used one for sale used on Reverb.

That may be the best new product review a piece of gear can get these days.
I'm about to make a poll if I should snag the cheap Mark V 90w near me or get the Astro 20 😬

Back