Soldano Astro 20

I guess the same people make the Friedman IRX editor and the one on the Soldano.

maxresdefault.jpg

SOL_ASTRO20H_Software_877004-9ff5552db54fa078c552ee0dce9e7874.jpg

I bet it rules

Pricey tho
It is 1900 for a three channel amp
Clean( green) Crunch (blue)
Slo ( purple).new higher gain (red )
IR loader , 3way bright , 3 way depth , comes with a midi footswitch , unless it was made in China I think under 2000 to have a Soldano is pretty damn good

I guess the same people make the Friedman IRX editor and the one on the Soldano.

maxresdefault.jpg

SOL_ASTRO20H_Software_877004-9ff5552db54fa078c552ee0dce9e7874.jpg
Mike sold a few years ago to Boutique Amps Distribution who also makes Friedman and many other brands. In a way I was sad because seeing Mike Soldano retiring was the end of an era. On the other hand after speaking with him, he now has far less stress and can stay involved in the design aspect of current and future products. At least selling to B.A.D., Soldano is in good hands.

It is 1900 for a three channel amp
Clean( green) Crunch (blue)
Slo ( purple).new higher gain (red )
IR loader , 3way bright , 3 way depth , comes with a midi footswitch , unless it was made in China I think under 2000 to have a Soldano is pretty damn good
Mike sold a few years ago to Boutique Amps Distribution who also makes Friedman and many other brands. In a way I was sad because seeing Mike Soldano retiring was the end of an era. On the other hand after speaking with him, he now has far less stress and can stay involved in the design aspect of current and future products. At least selling to B.A.D., Soldano is in good hands.
All those brands….under the same roof eh?,
Coupled with which retailer that sells all 3/4
AND provides 5 year interest free loans for said products??

Yep…the place where men in suits calling themselves by trade”sales engineers”
selling Les Paul guitars??
Sweetwater
“We got the loan..who the needs tone?”
Loan over tone, that’s why all those brands you mentioned are vanilla.
(That’s a training slogan you rehearse to yourself hundreds of times a day when you work there)
AND act dumb: “I ‘ve never heard of those..
-if it ain’t pourin’ from the gardenhose you
punch-drank from in training🎯

You think the designers give a shit?
-they got engineers in suits selling them like hotcakes.
Returning ‘em, so what?
They stay new or a demo forever.

I’ll create what I need from my bare ass before I buy anything tied to that evil place.

All those brands….under the same roof eh?,
Coupled with which retailer that sells all 3/4
AND provides 5 year interest free loans for said products??

Yep…the place where men in suits calling themselves by trade”sales engineers”
selling Les Paul guitars??
Sweetwater
“We got the loan..who the needs tone?”
Loan over tone, that’s why all those brands you mentioned are vanilla.
(That’s a training slogan you rehearse to yourself hundreds of times a day when you work there)
AND act dumb: “I ‘ve never heard of those..
-if it ain’t pourin’ from the gardenhose you
punch-drank from in training🎯

You think the designers give a shit?
-they got engineers in suits selling them like hotcakes.
Returning ‘em, so what?
They stay new or a demo forever.

I’ll create what I need from my bare ass before I buy anything tied to that evil place.
I’m confused. Do you hate BAD or sweetwater??

Man…. all the new modern built in load features etc in one of my favorite amps. Oooof. Didn’t need to see this.

At 2300 € it's also a much better deal in Europe than the SLO 30 at 3199 €. Seems like a great amp, even if the digital part is kinda limited.

Bonus points to Soldano for adding a tone knob on the one knob clean channel. It bugs the hell out of me when these channels are just one volume knob and using the shared EQ or some fixed internal EQ.

It has an IR loader but does it have a reactive load? I’m not seeing it in the specs anywhere. Is the speaker impedance curve more like Two Notes, Suhr, Fryette, or it’s own thing if it has a reactive load? Or does it do what the Friedman IRX does and emulates the power amp to the IR output and turns off the real power amp when the cab output is disconnected?

Back