Soldano Astro 20

I always liked the purple tolex but hated having to pay a premium for it.
Story of all but custom built amps. I hate the boring black tolex found on most amps, all of them look better with another color. Dark blue, dark green, off-white, purple, snakeskin.

Does anyone make a purple sparkle yet? I've seen the blue, red, white and silver ones.

I hate the boring black tolex found on most amps.

Total opposite. Nothing wrong with a cool faceplate or panel treatments but I prefer black for the enclosure itself.
If I could find one of these in black I'd buy it in a heartbeat! No offense to any owners, but I dislike this covering option.

1711476620911.png

Last edited:
Total opposite. Nothing wrong with a cool faceplate or panel treatments but I prefer black for the enclosure itself.
If I could find one of these in black I'd buy it in a heartbeat! No offense to any owners, but I dislike this covering option.

View attachment 20729
I'm not a fan of that Morgan look either. It's a bit like a drab gray suit you'd find in a thrift store.

But I'd take this over the standard black any day.

SoldanoSLO30purple_2.jpg

Story of all but custom built amps. I hate the boring black tolex found on most amps, all of them look better with another color. Dark blue, dark green, off-white, purple, snakeskin.
When I recently got my Elmwood M60 in the coveted red birch headshell, my wife was like: "Oh God, WTF? That new amp is so ugly; it's RED!" LOL. Issue being it doesn't 'match' any of my other stuff, which is, of course, black.

Back