Do Something - Season Four - Week One - Week WON!

Very cool Ozone11 ... has a clarity module similar to sooth2 for conflicting resonances and overtones (making shit up here - but that's what it seems like)

O11 moved the vocals up because that part of the new functionality. I don't mind; I could dial it back if so wished,

Love that I can move a 24 bit WAV file up to Audius - makes all the difference. Imaging/soundstage is so much better.

This is very close to what I hear here. Better than Apple MP4 "lossless" lmao

I went & A/B/C'ed these on Audius and don't catch as much difference between B & C, but noticed a pretty big one from A to B/C.

Educate me on Ozone 11. I need something to help my vocals sit in the mix better and keep that robust low end without stealing too much energy from the overall track.

I went & A/B/C'ed these on Audius and don't catch as much difference between B & C, but noticed a pretty big one from A to B/C.

Educate me on Ozone 11. I need something to help my vocals sit in the mix better and keep that robust low end without stealing too much energy from the overall track.

“A” is an Apple .mp4 to Audius on O10

“B” is a 16 bit .wav on O10

“C” is 24 bits .wav on O11

(Volume/LUFS may vary from song to song because I was trying to manage the sub drop transients distorting the maximizer)

My take is izotope added more profiles to their genre specific EQ curves with a big refresh.

IA improvements. I do think the baseline config is a little better now (although it missed my vocals a few times.)

They’ve added several other modules to include stem management for drums, bass, vox.

Clarity module. 👍

IMG_2571.jpeg

The front page is reconfigured with key parameters on “mix” sliders. Easy to explore extremes 0-100%

There is some additional functionality on managing transients versus sustains in several modules. That’s new. Not fully on top of it yet..

Also refreshed look/cool updated visuals

I’m hooked on doing the upgrade at this point. No turning back.

Last edited:
So.. I guess that acoustically de-couples the monitor from the desk surface.

:unsure:
My monitors came with little foam pads to set them on. Definitely stops my thick slab of a desk top from joining the frequency deliverance party.
I give fuck-all about streaming quality. If you want quality come sit in my room and smell my farts!

And, the Champ has spoken, or passed gas, or "channeled his inner @DrewJD82" ... love the bass player's mix AK!

Love the guitar tones here. Now, join us in drinking the Audius Kool-Aid.

I think it's time I added to this group! I've had this song recorded for a couple years, but I've never recorded with a green screen, I've never done it while recovering from food poisoning, and I've never undertaken the entire video recording and editing process in one day before.

This is my cover of Oingo Boingo's Dead Man's Party.

Thanks for hosting this challenge, guys and gals!

This time I went with this weeks Bad Song Club prompt "Downhill".
(The Bad Song Club is a challenge to write songs in 30 minutes with a kinda random prompt.)
So here is my Bad Song "Downhill":

I went from writing to rendering in one sitting, so this is kind of a hot mess, mixed, not mastered.
It's the first time I programmed drums with a Launchkey mini; I'll have to figure out a way to mess with the trigger pad's sensitivity, I get a LOT of max velocity hits right now.

Back