Do Something - Season Four - Week One - Week WON!

Wow. Really tight mix, fret! Sounds great! :chef

Thank you 🙏

I try to improve my mixing with each submission. Been working at it hard since we first started in JAN/February?

Final mix down was done with Ozone10. I’m driving a lot of the modules myself after IA established baseline. I’m also using Neutron4 EQ and for unmasking/sidechain key elements like vocals against pads, bass against kick, etc.

There are hundreds of automations going on.

I am curious what Ozone11 could do to the mix… We’ll see … very cool new features reportedly

I’ve listened to both Audius tracks now and the WAV is the ticket 💯

Hot Sauce GIF by Clarity Experiences

Last edited:
Tried to push one over the wire today watching football since I don't think I'll have much time this week to come up with anything redeemable. Very rough and some wank transitions but I just don't have the energy to write something better today. lol

On another note I didn't let Neutron EQ anything, tried to go it alone. Probably needs some better leveling but my ears are shot. lol

Also trying out Audius. If I get a little time this week I'll try to clean this up, not that this throwaway idea deserves any more energy. :ROFLMAO:

SoundCloud for comparison, though to be honest I didn’t spend a ton of time on this track so its probably not the best comp.

I can hear the difference in just the few seconds of the first part of your tune.

SC sounds "more dry"/ less 3D just in the few seconds of back and forth comparing the two.

Tried to push one over the wire today watching football since I don't think I'll have much time this week to come up with anything redeemable. Very rough and some wank transitions but I just don't have the energy to write something better today. lol

On another note I didn't let Neutron EQ anything, tried to go it alone. Probably needs some better leveling but my ears are shot. lol

Also trying out Audius. If I get a little time this week I'll try to clean this up, not that this throwaway idea deserves any more energy. :ROFLMAO:

You get serious immersion in your comps … love it
Sky Clouds GIF by Moment Factory

Brand new idea today, probably 3 hrs into it. Made some time after dinner!
Only bass, drums and guitar for this one. Have some more ideas for it but gonna leave it as is for now.

Using soundcloud. :grin @Iron1

Wow!
Great groove and solid driving mix!

Dig the funk changes. Nice drum work too👍

Happy Undercover Brother GIF

Ok, grabbed a copy of Ozone11 Advanced

Fiddling with it now; but remote only with apple earbuds (pros so pretty good w the biometric ear data).

Pretty flipping neat technology.

Very cool Ozone11 ... has a clarity module similar to sooth2 for conflicting resonances and overtones (making shit up here - but that's what it seems like)

O11 moved the vocals up because that part of the new functionality. I don't mind; I could dial it back if so wished,

Love that I can move a 24 bit WAV file up to Audius - makes all the difference. Imaging/soundstage is so much better.

This is very close to what I hear here. Better than Apple MP4 "lossless" lmao

Last edited:
Here it is! The track absolutely NO ONE has been waiting for! The song NO ONE ever asked for! The (not ever gonna be a) hit that NO ONE will blast on repeat times infinity:

If I didn't know any better, I'd say this song's creation was fueled solely by 100 hours of sleep deprivation and far too many bong hits of recently-mosquito-fumigated ditch weed.

I see you've been hanging out with @DrewJD82 .:rofl

Cool track Iron! This is like your version of a dance tune.:grin
I was actually imagining what a band consisting of teenage Drew and I would do when I wrote that description. :rofl

Glad ya dig it. Never did a song with zero guitars and multiple basses before. It started out as just a “wonder if I can do a song that’s only bass…” and turned into whatever that is. 🤣

Back