Simple-ish reverb pedals

Boudoir Guitar

Rock Star
Looking for a simple pedal that can do three things and that I can preferably get for under $120 used at the most:

(1). good basic room light reverb -- could be large room, small hall, or plate. Needs a tone control, but prefer it to just be a tone control and nothing more rather than various hi/low eq and/or dampening knobs.

(2). A bigger "ambient" thing...nothing crazy, just something that sounds fairly natural with longer decays of 4s or more, possibly light modulation.

(3). An okay spring (preferably more amp like spring rather than excessively drippy standalone reverb tank).

TC HOF; MXR M300; Boss RV-6; JHS 3-series(?); What am I missing here? I'm fine going Mooer, Joy, whatever on this one I just know nothing about those lines at this point.

Use is with the Synergy rig into my cab. I'm not nearly as picky about reverbs going into guitar cabs as I am going direct and there I have the FM3 and Helix.

MXR it is. While this may sound dumb/arbitrary, the decider between it and even-6 was that I’d rather tap through modes than using the Boss rotary. Both sound good.

The Moore, etc. stuff…meh. Given how simple this signal path is, I don’t wanna be cluttering things up at the end with a reverb that does everything in the digital domain and/or has questionable circuitry. Placebo or not, I love me a sugar pill when it doesn’t break the bank.

Sounds like a HoF to me. I still have the original version and use it, and having a tone knob makes it very useable. It can do a nice spring reverb if you take the time to really dial it in. Subtle knob adjustments make a big difference. I have a Twin Reverb and a separate tube/spring reverb unit to compare with so dialing in is easier. I like the hall, room and plate algos too.

Digitech RV-7/polara seems hard to beat, the algos sound really good, simple controls, fairly cheap. I think they hold their own against anything for room/plate/hall sounds. Spring seems ok, ambient stuff isn’t bad either

Maybe neunaber immerse too?

TC are sat on tons of good algos, probably a safe bet too

I fucking hate the TC.
Screen Shot 2023-09-02 at 2.52.34 PM.png

RV-7s fetch well north of $200 on the used market. I can still recall when they blew out ALL of the
Hardwire lineup ($49!!), because no one seemed to want them. Now everyone is like "Lexicon! Lexicon!"
and losing their minds.

Why were they not that good in 2007 and now they are borderline iconic? :idk

RV-7s fetch well north of $200 on the used market. I can still recall when they blew out ALL of the
Hardwire lineup ($49!!), because no one seemed to want them. Now everyone is like "Lexicon! Lexicon!"
and losing their minds.

Why were they not that good in 2007 and now they are borderline iconic? :idk
Because people are dumb. And the Polara is not much different, if at all to the Hardwire. It’s just prettier.

Back