SHOW OFF YOUR PEDALBOARD!

Fwiw, my pedalboard looks pretty much the same as around one year ago (just the little mixer got removed because I used it *way* less than I thought I might use it), even dozens of gigs later I'm still quite absolutely happy regarding the general way it works and sounds - minus a few things that became apparent throughout these gigs, for which I will hopefully find a way of adressing them. Once done with those, I might be closer to "finalization" than ever before.
That's awesome!

I believe sticking with what you find "does the trick" works better than always searching for the next fix.

Sooner or later, if you're rational enough, the changes/purchases get less and less.

That's awesome!

Defenitely.

I believe sticking with what you find "does the trick" works better than always searching for the next fix.

Yeah, I absolutely feel like I went from hunting/chasing to, well, "carefully working things out". Obviously, this could as well mean that in 2 years, not a single item on the board is still there - but as said, I don't "need" anything anymore, which allows for much more freedom in terms of a) just keeping things as they are and b) looking for potential improvements, simply because I don't *have* to do any of them.

Last edited:
Right to left: off-brand octave, Rowin Dumbler, Rowin Crush Bit, off-brand chorus, off-brand delay, iSet multi-effect reverb, Rowin Looper.
PXL_20240208_030136571.jpg

While I kinda had this coming, it's still one of the unlikelier things to get resurrected.

GT10 Board.jpg

1) No, this is obviously not going to become my regular board. It's for a job where I may have to leave it on a truck for 1-2 months, which I can't do with my main stuff.

2) As I'm running the electric sounds through the Pangaea and an IR, this is really sounding pretty well.

3) There's some aspects I really like. Visibility is great, thing is sturdy and as this is a show where it's as well about performance, the last thing I wanted to deal with is switches being too close to each other. With the GT-10, even an elephant could operate the switches safely.

4) I just happen to like Boss' FX, even in this older iteration. Modulations are nice, same goes for the other things. And they're really limited in terms of parameters - which IMO is fine. Wouldn't mind extra pages with advanced parameters, but they're really no must.

On a sidenote: I instantly knew why I always loved the dedicated switches per block. Once you have some baseline patches ready, editing this thing is a breeze, seriously. Click the switch - *boom* there's all the relevant parameters exposed (ok, amp tonestacks are on page 2, but that's it).

Last edited:
Got this put together on my Metro 20 yesterday and so far I'm pretty happy with it. I think I'll be rolling with this for 4cm with my Mesa for the next while.

HX One, Keeley Fuzz Head, and wah are all in front of the amp, while the Stomp is in the loop. Stomp is controlling HX1 with midi and also changing amp channels via the Suhr Micro midi. Mosky dual switch is changing presets up/down on the Stomp. All fits nicely into the PT hard case (which has very little extra room, unlike the soft cases, I'm learning).

HX1 will cover SD1 boost, Phase 90, Uni-Vibe, flanger, octave down + anything else needed. Stomp will handle delays, noise gate, other modulations, clean boost, EQ, tap tempo and tuner, and the amp models are a backup if my amp goes down.

I like that there's a limited amount of switches to be dealing with mid-song, as I also sing lead and a simpler layout is often best. It does mean a bit more in-between song preset scrolling up/down, but I only use around five presets, so not too bad. Also have one main preset that covers about 90% of the setlists. I may try and raise the Mosky a little, so it's higher than the Stomp and HX1, but so far it seems okay.

IMG_5276.jpeg

Fwiw, just played two full day rehearsals and two gigs for that project, went all fine, a guitar playing mate (who's doing it on a professional level, too) taking photos on the gigs was actually quite astonished the GT-10 was doing so well.
Could've been a little more dynamic, but soundwise, it was all just fine, pimping the thing with an IR through the Pangaea was a nice trick, it seems.

What's the protein like BTW?
It sounds great. An ODR-1 into a Bluesbreaker. You can even run each side as its own "pedal" using a pair of TRS to dual TS insert cables

No room on my main board for it, so it'll play center stage for my "creative" board.

I pulled the Blue sky from my main board after substituting a Strymon Flint. H9 was pulled and replaced with the HX One. Pulled the Magma57 which will be replaced by the Toneking mini fuzz v2 when it arrives on Tuesday.

It sounds great. An ODR-1 into a Bluesbreaker. You can even run each side as its own "pedal" using a pair of TRS to dual TS insert cables

No room on my main board for it, so it'll play center stage for my "creative" board.

I pulled the Blue sky from my main board after substituting a Strymon Flint. H9 was pulled and replaced with the HX One. Pulled the Magma57 which will be replaced by the Toneking mini fuzz v2 when it arrives on Tuesday.

I'm a big fan of the Odr1 but have never tried stacking it with a bluesbreaker. I'll have to give it a go.

I definitely want to hear what you think of the mini Fuzz after you get it.

Back