Pedal placement

Gearguybri

What is the exact order/sequence to connect a Korg G3 multi effects pedal to a pedalboard that includes a compression, whammy, octave, EQ and a noise gate pedal? I will be using the overdrive and delay on the Korg. My amp has an effects loop. I've tried multiple combinations and still stuck. TIA.

Overdrive wants to go in front of the amp and the delay wants to be in the FX loop or after.
Does the G3 allow for the 4 cable hookup method?

To follow @Achilles ...

Compression will work in front of the amp and in the loop. For squashed & chicken pickin' sounds place it in front of the amp . Placing it in the loop will smooth out your overall dynamics (think studio sound).

Your whammy and octave will work best as close to the front of your signal chain because the pitch extraction will be more accurate. Placing these in the loop is not wrong and can result in some interesting tones.

EQ will work in front and in the loop. It's best to experiment to see what works best for you .

There is no right or wrong, just what you like best.

Have fun and make good noise.

:beer

The OD and delay are in the G3, not seperate. Korg has an input and 2 outs.

If it were me I'd pick up a cheap OD pedal to put in front of the amp and then use the G3 in the FX loop for all your time based effects (delay, reverb, chorus, flanger, etc.)

In my experience anything that's going to add gain isn't going to sound good in an FX loop.

And another WELCOME to the forum!

If it were me I'd pick up a cheap OD pedal to put in front of the amp and then use the G3 in the FX loop for all your time based effects (delay, reverb, chorus, flanger, etc.)

In my experience anything that's going to add gain isn't going to sound good in an FX loop.

And another WELCOME to the forum!
Thanks!

Back