SHOW OFF YOUR PEDALBOARD!

The Gitter’done
I provided a image of my secret weapon/self destruction/DETONATOR switch which is inventively wired into the Phaser in the 2nd pic.
HUGE gamble of if & how it’s going to work out at that moment in the mix.
The best way to end the show, last outro
solo of the night, is to engage that HOF
detonator switch.
HOF : Hair On Fire.
My favorite tune for it?
Freebiird.

Attachments

• IMG_0974.jpeg
    IMG_0974.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 23
  • 20190724_212551.jpeg
    20190724_212551.jpeg
    113.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1217.jpeg
    IMG_1217.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Kinda embarrassing to show of a empty pedalboard :rofl
But anyhow… ordered the Harley Benton powered 40. Received it today and it looks alright. I’ve probably had this exact (unpowered) model 3 times before. Those times I customized them to three row boards. I also always used the Truetone cs6. Unfortunately I purged it with the Stomp last year.

But this looks good, so convenient to have an integrated power supply. Time will tell if it’s good or bad, but it’s based on a HB Power Plant which in turn is a ripoff of some known brands psu… I think.

IMG_7333.jpeg
IMG_7331.jpeg

Had to put something on from my old pedal stash at least…

IMG_7332.jpeg

Kinda embarrassing to show of a empty pedalboard :rofl
But anyhow… ordered the Harley Benton powered 40. Received it today and it looks alright. I’ve probably had this exact (unpowered) model 3 times before. Those times I customized them to three row boards. I also always used the Truetone cs6. Unfortunately I purged it with the Stomp last year.

But this looks good, so convenient to have an integrated power supply. Time will tell if it’s good or bad, but it’s based on a HB Power Plant which in turn is a ripoff of some known brands psu… I think.

View attachment 27475View attachment 27476
Had to put something on from my old pedal stash at least…

View attachment 27477
Its Happening The Office GIF by NBC

Yeah mate.. it’s a beginning at least. I’m going very slow. Still don’t have the “amp” to run pedals into… I’m negotiating with myself on that. And I need to look into my pedals to see what I actually want/need. I miss a tuner still… sooooo boring to have to buy a tuner….
Just buy a Boss TU-3W, Sonic Research, or a Peterson tuner and get it out of the way.

a HB Power Plant which in turn is a ripoff of some known brands psu… I think

From all I know, the HB PSUs are genuine designs. Got one of their bigger ones (12 outs) myself and it's possibly one of the best bang-for-the-buck items in my setup(s). Reliable, affordable, super flexible.
I like that this one even has USB outs, something I pretty often need.

Whatever, should I build a new board again (which might happen, even if I'm pretty happy with the current one, I will defenitely consider one of those.

Yeah mate.. it’s a beginning at least. I’m going very slow. Still don’t have the “amp” to run pedals into… I’m negotiating with myself on that. And I need to look into my pedals to see what I actually want/need. I miss a tuner still… sooooo boring to have to buy a tuner….
Good luck, it's the journey not the destination. I'll be rooting for you.:beer

I need to inform you guys that there's no pedalboard life without an RC Boost (or one of the countless clones, most of which are actually better).
Best other pedal's friend ever.

Sort of an aside, but I'm thinking about getting a "real" pedalboard. Currently, I have some carpet (similar to the kind Perfecto DeCastro had on a board he made on his YouTube page) on some wood that is about 46" x 18" or so. I don't need all of that space, but would likely need something around 42-43" x 14-15", per the Pedaltrain pedalboard planner app I used.

2 Mission Engineering EP-1 expression pedals, 1 Dunlop GCB95F Crybaby Classic (I swap it out from time to time, but they all have the same dimensions more or less), EMG ES-918 for externally powering my actives guitars, Boss ES-8 (not in yet, but have it ordered through Sweetwater and is supposed to be here in October or November), a couple distortion pedals (Marshall Guvnor, Shredmaster, Bluesbreaker, and Drivemaster currently), and a Boss GT1000 Core. I also have two Truetone CS12 power supplies that I'd likely stick on the bottom if they fit.

Is there anything besides the Pedaltrain Terra 42 ($299) or Temple Audio ($189, but an odd method of attaching stuff to the board) that could work?

Screenshot_20240829_135809.jpg

Screenshot_20240829_152310.jpg

Last edited:
Setting up shop. Wife fixed up that desk thing. I guess it will suffice as my old-fart desk… remember my grandpas and dads desks… they were insane, really old desks with wear and tear. Stuffed with all things imaginable. This will do.. I have my stuff there in the drawers.

View attachment 27910
If I decide the Terra 42" from Pedaltrain is too big, and can find the Harley Benton Spaceship 80 somewhere, I may give it a whirl. I'd love to see how well it powers things.

If I decide the Terra 42" from Pedaltrain is too big, and can find the Harley Benton Spaceship 80 somewhere, I may give it a whirl. I'd love to see how well it powers things.
Well, the “power 80” is double the capacity than my “power 40”

It’s kinda… a lot really :D
  • 15 Isolated outputs to eliminate hum and noise: 4x 9 V / 100 mA, 4x 9 V / 250 mA, 3x 9 V / 500 mA and 4x 9/12/18 V - 500 mA
  • Non-isolated connections: 1x 9 V / 3 A for supplying effects with high current consumption (e.g. multi-effects pedals), 1x 24 V / 2 A, 1x USB-A for connecting or charging tablets and smartphones, 1x USB-C, 24 V output connection for additional power supplies
  • Total power: 48.6 W

Well, the “power 80” is double the capacity than my “power 40”

It’s kinda… a lot really :D
  • 15 Isolated outputs to eliminate hum and noise: 4x 9 V / 100 mA, 4x 9 V / 250 mA, 3x 9 V / 500 mA and 4x 9/12/18 V - 500 mA
  • Non-isolated connections: 1x 9 V / 3 A for supplying effects with high current consumption (e.g. multi-effects pedals), 1x 24 V / 2 A, 1x USB-A for connecting or charging tablets and smartphones, 1x USB-C, 24 V output connection for additional power supplies
  • Total power: 48.6 W
Right. I just don't know if it would fit size wise, as well as how I'd get it to the USA. Palmer also sells the same thing, but Reverb doesn't seem to have either for sale.

Been a good weekend, played a few hours but didn’t want to overdo it kinda. Happy with the ACS1 choice, it’s a solid amp foundation I think.

So this is a first plan. Exchanged an old ditto for the new one and also got the TC Infinity sustainer (wich I have been wanting to try). Infinity works darn good and sucks in everything I send into it and sustains it. A cool thing is that it seems to be able to use its tone print reverbs when a sample is going, unlike other “hold reverb” pedals. I couldn’t find a cable for it but I will dive into it to see if I can customize the tone print to a cool reverb for my taste.

Carcosa will be on there for sure, just trying to see what madness it wants to be fed with. The Walrus ambient is indeed nice, great value there. Dreamy and lush. But I don’t think it will be a first in chain reverb.

Next project in the week is to see wich of my two old Boss overdrives goes on there. OD-3 and SD-2. Don’t think I’ll use both.

IMG_7373.jpeg

Back