SHOW OFF YOUR PEDALBOARD!

cache_15380713.jpg

The Micro Chorus is a 1981. The Micro Flanger is a 1982. Both have the Reticon SAD 512D chip. They create an analog 3D image in the sound.
Truly incredible.

1000055991.gif

Incoming: Source Audio LA Lady

I've been blending 2 different flavors of fuzz using a Boss LS-2 for a couple years, and that's the best drive sound I ever had.

But after downsizing my board a while ago, I have no room for three pedals doing one dirt duty anymore.

Lately I've been jumping from fuzz (WA Bender) to overdrive (Fulltone FB V1) and back at least once per week.

It's really a tough spot to fill. Both are great (FB at 18V -> I highly recommend!), yet one makes me miss the other, and vice versa. Nothing is as cool as running parallel dirt. Literally nothing.

And that where the LA Lady comes in.

It's digital, that much I know, but it seems to sound way legit, and can pull off exactly what I want in my setup (mono in, parallel blend/processing, mono out).

The real-life board already features a mints tin in the upper right corner (I never thought I'd do that, but I've never been this close to "done").

Here's a sketch (the Model Fet is really a Kuro Exegol):

Screenshot_20240818-190444~2.png

EDIT: guitar > GE-7 > FreqOut > LA Lady > POG 2 > 105Q > Belle Epoch > Exegol > Super Spring Theory > power amp

That mojo mojo is a underrated and very affordable drive!👌
I like it as a low gain drive over a low gain amp. Gets that Malcolm young type clean crunch but it's a bit warmer.

And yes, a great value. I must have tried out 50 drive pedals at a pedal show and felt embarrassed I liked the mojomojo over pedals that were 5 times as much, but it's just got that sound.

I like it as a low gain drive over a low gain amp. Gets that Malcolm young type clean crunch but it's a bit warmer.

And yes, a great value. I must have tried out 50 drive pedals at a pedal show and felt embarrassed I liked the mojomojo over pedals that were 5 times as much, but it's just got that sound.
If it's good enough for, and recommended by, Paul Gilbert, can't be too bad. 🤣

This is my first build, had them all on the floor for a long timeand lets just say, that was a hot mess. This all goes into my PC where I can just go out to monitors or I can run it through my DAW. I cant think of any sound I could want and not be able to get. 😂 Ran into a few issues puitting it all together. Had uneven L/R channels that I went crazy trying to fix, turns out I had the switch in the back of the Deco on mono instead of stereo! I know you can never be "done", but I really do think I just need to squeeze a midi controller on here and thats it.

20240718_035220.jpg

This is my first build, had them all on the floor for a long timeand lets just say, that was a hot mess. This all goes into my PC where I can just go out to monitors or I can run it through my DAW. I cant think of any sound I could want and not be able to get. 😂 Ran into a few issues puitting it all together. Had uneven L/R channels that I went crazy trying to fix, turns out I had the switch in the back of the Deco on mono instead of stereo! I know you can never be "done", but I really do think I just need to squeeze a midi controller on here and thats it.

View attachment 27089
I see a hinged two floor board in your future son.

(I had to add “son” because… idk… sounds cool)

Kidding… that looks like a lot of fun

I see a hinged two floor board in your future son.

(I had to add “son” because… idk… sounds cool)

Kidding… that looks like a lot of fun
Dad? Why did it take you 20 years to buy cigarettes? lol jk Thanks. I was on the fence about keeping the Atlas, its a pretty deep pedal, but the presets helped me a lot. The way its routed is I go straight in from my guitar on input 1 through my whole drive chain then back into input 2 on the Atlas then to the HX input. What that does is it gives me an eq, compressor and noise gate at the very start of my rig, and also after all my drives. I know you didnt ask, but if anyone is wondering what the Atlas can be used for, this is one example. Honestly the only plans I have to do anything else is maybe swap the Joyo Vintage OD for a Plumes and I need to squeeze a midi controller on there, there is just too much going on not to get one.

View attachment 26280

A quick set up and tear down rig, going into a Harley Benton V30 1x12.

I'm in an Industrial/EDM band, we're playing 3 dates in October with three other wonderful 80s Post-Punk/Industrial names from back in the day, and hopefully not much can go wrong with this. That Baby Bomb is LOUD.

So it's a simple chuggy metal board, I love my Tommy Victor (Prong) and Wayne Static style tones. Does the job nicely.
How is that Harely Benton cab? They almost seem too good to be true.

Dad? Why did it take you 20 years to buy cigarettes? lol jk Thanks. I was on the fence about keeping the Atlas, its a pretty deep pedal, but the presets helped me a lot. The way its routed is I go straight in from my guitar on input 1 through my whole drive chain then back into input 2 on the Atlas then to the HX input. What that does is it gives me an eq, compressor and noise gate at the very start of my rig, and also after all my drives. I know you didnt ask, but if anyone is wondering what the Atlas can be used for, this is one example. Honestly the only plans I have to do anything else is maybe swap the Joyo Vintage OD for a Plumes and I need to squeeze a midi controller on there, there is just too much going on not to get one.
yeah. Adding midi to that board looks like a good idea. The magic with stomp being able to route midi from controllers is also an option wich very few seem to use. I did it with an Strymon pedal. Midi controller into stomp, then from stomp to strymon. Doing this efficiently expands the stomp, or the other pedal.

yeah. Adding midi to that board looks like a good idea. The magic with stomp being able to route midi from controllers is also an option wich very few seem to use. I did it with an Strymon pedal. Midi controller into stomp, then from stomp to strymon. Doing this efficiently expands the stomp, or the other pedal.
I think my Ventris and Volante have midi through also, so I think that would be 3 midi throughs and I only have 2 that dont (Deco, Atlas) So I think it will be pretty easy to route. There are only two real candidates for a controller on my radar, Mc6 pro and Luminite Graviton 2, I think they both have Bluetooth built in, so I could even go wireless. I bought a cheap little M vave chocolate, its a little controller you can get for $30, but its pretty hard to setup.

How is that Harely Benton cab? They almost seem too good to be true.
I think it's awesome, my experience with different speakers isn't exactly extensive, but for £50 second hand and 'as new' I couldn't pass that up for a compact rig.

The tolex isn't too fantastic though and won't last a lot of touring per se, it's not glued on all over, but for the odd show every now and then it should be fine

I already had to change things up as my Joyo Chopper switches crapped out, but scored a £35 Mooer 003 Power Zone so I'm keeping that compact theme 😊

Back