SHOW OFF YOUR PEDALBOARD!

I have a good feeling I'm 90% done.

20240808_182429.jpg

1. Where’s the MT-2?
2. How’s that Boss buffer? Noticing it vs direct?
1. I've been thinking about it... no, really, it was my first pedal and I want one for nostalgic reasons.
2. A drop of about -2dB at the end of the chain due to the multiple boss buffers, but the signal is clean.

pedals.png

EDIT:
Noise floor is raised about 10dB from the super quiet AxeFx3 noise floor, so not a very good 'boost' pedalboard into an overdriven amp, it's more of a do it all board into a clean amp.
*The HX One alone added yet another 10dB on top of that, it had to go.

noise floor.png

Last edited:
1. I've been thinking about it... no, really, it was my first pedal and I want one for nostalgic reasons.
2. A drop of about -2dB at the end of the chain due to the multiple boss buffers, but the signal is clean.

View attachment 26209
I dig the MT-2, can be a pretty fun and useful pedal in the right hands.

Was curious with the buffer, (some of) the boss ones start to sound a bit plasticy to me when they stack up. With only a couple I think they work great

View attachment 26209

EDIT:
Noise floor is raised about 10dB from the super quiet AxeFx3 noise floor, so not a very good 'boost' pedalboard into an overdriven amp, it's more of a do it all board into a clean amp.
*The HX One alone added yet another 10dB on top of that, it had to go.

View attachment 26210
Interesting with boss buffer. Generally I think a boss buffer is good, nice, strong and clean. But you mean that if several boss buffers the signal looses level but stays “buffer clean”? Must be because of the amount of circuits?

Correct.
Each JFET follower stage loses a fraction of a dB (-0.2 to 0.3 dB), several of these in series and you get attenuation.
But will one boss pedal at the end of a series of pedals/circuits without any buffer (tbp things) make up for attenuation? Or is it just about making the signal “cleaner” or sharper because of loss of quality?

Still got it. It's useful, I like it, it could easily replace pretty much everything on this board but I'm in my single pedal phase so this is all single pedals pedalboard.

Kinda where I'm at too. I've still got it on my board but I've only really been using the trem, vibe and retro reel.

Have you ever measured the stomp to see what it does to your clean signal?

Not yet but the big Helix was ruler flat, I assume the Stomp is the same because it has the same A/D topology.

I assumed it would be but have never seen any measurements for either of them. I really need to have a go at doing those when I finally replace my laptop.

IMG_20240809_181037.jpg

A quick set up and tear down rig, going into a Harley Benton V30 1x12.

I'm in an Industrial/EDM band, we're playing 3 dates in October with three other wonderful 80s Post-Punk/Industrial names from back in the day, and hopefully not much can go wrong with this. That Baby Bomb is LOUD.

So it's a simple chuggy metal board, I love my Tommy Victor (Prong) and Wayne Static style tones. Does the job nicely.

MXR micro flanger? That was my first modulation pedal back in the early 80's, I have no idea where it ended up. I seemingly lost a lot of pedals when i went to a rack solution...

Would love to try one of those again just for fun.
cache_15380713.jpg

The Micro Chorus is a 1981. The Micro Flanger is a 1982. Both have the Reticon SAD 512D chip. They create an analog 3D image in the sound.
Truly incredible.

Back