SHOW OFF YOUR PEDALBOARD!

There's been some debate about the origin of the NOS components over at TOP tho, some folks suspect they're not what WA claim, maybe relabeled, etc. - not sure what to think of this, especially since WA has been into fishy waters before, but the Bender does sound nice.

They're definitely not using the transistors they claim to be using. In fairness to them they don't specifically state they're using '60s Mullard transistors but when you list NOS OC76/OC75 in your marketing you're heavily implying that's exactly what they are. They're actually using much more recent Chinese made germanium transistors which have been labeled with those numbers.

"Warm Bender uses true-to-spec NOS OC76, OC75, and SFT337 transistors. NOS or “New Old Stock” transistors require extra effort to find, let alone to ensure they accurately meet the performance specifications required to deliver an authentic Bender-style tone"

They might sound fine and measure spot on but it's pretty shady behaviour IMO.

My only gripe, but that's inherent to the circuits, is that both the MK1.5 and MK2 modes are noisy/hissy in my rig.

They could be particularly noisy transistors or very leaky transistors. The higher the leakage the more noise you'll typically get. One of the main reasons people switched from germanium in the first place.

If you didn't "pay" for it (the NOS mojo unicorn fart components), it was a decent price, and it sounds good, I probably wouldn't care.

Yup, this exactly. Slightly above 200€, good sounds, sturdy build, fine so far.

They might sound fine and measure spot on but it's pretty shady behaviour IMO.

They could be particularly noisy transistors or very leaky transistors. The higher the leakage the more noise you'll typically get. One of the main reasons people switched from germanium in the first place.

Also agree, definitely something "off" about their claims, nothing to do with the sound - it acts just like a Ge Bender would, so that's not the problem here.

I hold Warm Audio to the highest of ethical standards, and would be shocked and appalled if they misrepresented anything about the components in their products.

Warm Audio definitely falls into the category of plug your nose and if it sounds good, rock on.

A few new pedals, still figuring things out.
I like BOSS.

pb.jpg

Not as nice as some, but does what I need and then some.... easy to pack up and carry. Some good sounds up in here.

Screenshot_20240728-122939_Gallery.jpg

Top row left to right- Boss Tera Echo, Boss SY 1 Synth, ISP Decimator G-string, Caline Brigade (TS+Timmy), Caline Queen Bee OD, Pigtronix Octava.

Bottom row left to right - Digitech Jamman Stereo Delay and Phrase Sampler/Looper (cannot get rid of this thing, love it.), Headrush MX-5, donner passive volume/exp (exp), kokko compressor (rarely used, but comes in handy at times) Morley Bad Horsie II.....also the MVAVE Chocolate Midi controller.

Last edited:
Just an ambient pad, split on one side and blended with the guitar signal.....it is killer .

Have mods waiting to build so I can make the hold function latching, with separate switches. along with the tera echo....just haven't completed it.

Just an ambient pad, split on one side and blended with the guitar signal.....it is killer .

Have mods waiting to build so I can make the hold function latching, with separate switches. along with the tera echo....just haven't completed it.
Have you tried the 300 or the 1000? They take up a lot more real estate obviously but both excellent pedals.

Have you tried the 300 or the 1000? They take up a lot more real estate obviously but both excellent pedals.
Nope ...I only get 1 to 2 purchases a year....so I have to choose carefully. The sy-1 was a birthday present to myself 2 years ago....it was all I could afford. If I could afford it, I would go in a complete different direction and go with the Roland and pick up.....and gain all sorts of sounds.....but this is all I get.....so I make do. It had so many neat sounds ....and I am kind of glad it is limited, forces you to use it selectively.

Thinking about getting a Line 6 Helix to replace my Boss MS-3, DigiTech Whammy DT, Boss BF-3 Flanger/MXR EVH Flanger, and possibly my Dunlop GCB95F Crybaby Classic (depending on how good the emulation is). At the very least, the Whammy DT and flanger take up quite a bit of room, and the Helix will simplify things. I plan to use it with my Synergy set up (two Syn-2 preamps and four OS modules).

Hey! I am new here.

I had bought a fender blues deluxe used. It did not come with a footswitch. I play classic rock covers. I bought a couple of pedals and asked a friend to put them on a small board using velcro.

I am still figuring how to post pics. My pedals are Polytune and Boss SD1, powered by a 9 Volt adapter.

I had a clip on tuner, but I was facing difficulties while tuning my partscaster guitar in noisy environments (bars). I have been much relieved after using a tuner pedal.

I step on the overdrive pedal while soloing. I know it sounds boring, but I don't like the hassle of having a large pedalboard and trouble shooting patch cables and power supplies.

I have seen a friend struggle with it while he was plugged into his huge board, but he plays effect-laden originals. So he really requires all of his pedals.

I have tried using a multi effects unit, but it seemed to have a learning curve. I guess I may not be inteligent enough to use many effects.

Brianna
Tap on "Attach Files" to add pics.

Screenshot_20240801_115016_Brave.jpg

After that, click on "Insert"...
Screenshot_20240801_115152_Brave.jpg

and then "Thumbnail" or "Full Image."
Screenshot_20240801_115247_Brave.jpg

Back