SHOW OFF YOUR PEDALBOARD!

Currently it’s my favorite pedal. lol I was not a flanger guy before buying that, but I threw it in my cart while buying something else since I’m a Police fan. It’s absolutely a vibe machine. I love it so much it’s almost replacing my affinity for Chorus. :ROFLMAO:

From what I gather it’s basically an Electric Mistress in a different enclosure.

Thanks. I wasn't sure if they had modded a mistress or just changed the visuals. I'd like a new Flanger and the price is good but would like to know if it's through hole or smd parts.

Thanks. I wasn't sure if they had modded a mistress or just changed the visuals. I'd like a new Flanger and the price is good but would like to know if it's through hole or smd parts.

Yeah I don’t annything about its construction, but sound wise, its freaking awesome. I turned it on and had an immediate grin and thought to myself “I’m going to have a hard time turning this off” :ROFLMAO:

Which then made me think why the hell had I not tried an EM before, and it’s seriously made me think about buying a couple more of the classic EHX pedals. (Small Stone etc)

A cumbersome and unwieldy Big Box EHX Pedalboard build would be hella fun! :love
I've considered this a decade ago, but then didn't go through due to their wacky power and jack/adaptor requirements...

Too many 1/8" 9V ones, and too many 24V ones. 🤷‍♂️

All of them have top jacks though, which is a good start.

Ive got a Small Clone and Bad Stone en route.

That will take me to potentially six EHX pedals on my board. :ROFLMAO:

Unfortunately there is nothing left they make I want or would be interested in.

Ive got a Small Clone and Bad Stone en route.

That will take me to potentially six EHX pedals on my board. :ROFLMAO:

Unfortunately there is nothing left they make I want or would be interested in.
Which ones you got?

I recommend the Micro Synth and Poly Chorus, if you find one for a good price. Crazy sounds in both!

I've considered this a decade ago, but then didn't go through due to their wacky power and jack/adaptor requirements...

Too many 1/8" 9V ones, and too many 24V ones. 🤷‍♂️

All of them have top jacks though, which is a good start.

Cool!
Headroom = toanz!! :banana

I do prefer the older all analog signal path of the big box EHX stuff.
While some of the DSP-based stuff is cool, and I have owned and used
it, my insane ass inner child wants what he wants. :headbang

Which ones you got?

I recommend the Micro Synth and Poly Chorus, if you find one for a good price. Crazy sounds in both!

I currently have the POG, Op Amp Big Muff, Walking on the Moon, and Deluxe Memory Man on my board. The Bad Stone + Small Clone are incoming.

I think I’m going to grab all the “been on every record you ever liked” pedals before I get any more new age scarf lover pedals. Boss is next, I don’t have enough Boss pedals. :ROFLMAO:

I can feel @JiveTurkey getting all twitchy and starting to itch. :rofl

jerry seinfeld help GIF by HULU

I just finished wiring this up and giving it a test run! :chef

Sounds exactly like I imagined it would, fired right up without hassle, which is nice.

Goes straight into a power amp (or CAB M+ for headphones), patch cables are all EBS Flat Gold, PSU is a Palmer PWT12 MK2.

Belle Epoch, Exegol, and Super Spring Theory run at 18V.

Signal chain:
GE-7 -> FreqOut -> Gladiator -> POG 2 -> 105Q -> Belle Epoch -> Exegol -> Super Spring Theory

View attachment 24293
UPDATE, because changing stuff even if it works is never getting old, as we know:

The Gladiator is cool, but the Warm Bender is even better. I love the texture of the Silicon mode.

Reduced the fuzz voltage with my PSU (to around 7-8V), and now it's dead quiet when I'm not playing.

Also, a much nicer fit, real estate wise. Nothing wiggly anymore, everything sticks and stays where it should.

Yay. ❤️

PS: Only red LEDs now, except for an orange one in the POG.

IMG_20240622_152944482~2.jpg

Last edited:
UPDATE, because changing stuff even if it works is never getting old, as we know:

The Gladiator is cool, but the Warm Bender is even better. I love the texture of the Silicon mode.

Reduced the fuzz voltage with my PSU (to around 7-8V), and now it's dead quiet when I'm not playing.

Also, a much nicer fit, real estate wise. Nothing wiggly anymore, everything sticks and stays where it should.

Yay. ❤️

PS: Only red LEDs now, except for an orange one in the POG.

View attachment 24496

Classy.

I didn’t realize Warm did a Bender.

Classy.

I didn’t realize Warm did a Bender.
Thanks much!

Yes, actually a pretty good one too, imho.

The three modes are MK1.5, MK2, and a Bender-"inspired" Silicon circuit.

There's been some debate about the origin of the NOS components over at TOP tho, some folks suspect they're not what WA claim, maybe relabeled, etc. - not sure what to think of this, especially since WA has been into fishy waters before, but the Bender does sound nice.

My only gripe, but that's inherent to the circuits, is that both the MK1.5 and MK2 modes are noisy/hissy in my rig. No surprise, considering it sits behind a GE-7 and a FreqOut, which means there's two buffers in a row right at the start of the signal path. The Silicon mode isn't problematic at all, and "feels" more open than the MK2 mode, too.

Thanks much!

Yes, actually a pretty good one too, imho.

The three modes are MK1.5, MK2, and a Bender-"inspired" Silicon circuit.

There's been some debate about the origin of the NOS components over at TOP tho, some folks suspect they're not what WA claim, maybe relabeled, etc. - not sure what to think of this, especially since WA has been into fishy waters before, but the Bender does sound nice.

My only gripe, but that's inherent to the circuits, is that both the MK1.5 and MK2 modes are noisy/hissy in my rig. No surprise, considering it sits behind a GE-7 and a FreqOut, which means there's two buffers in a row right at the start of the signal path. The Silicon mode isn't problematic at all, and "feels" more open than the MK2 mode, too.
If you didn't "pay" for it (the NOS mojo unicorn fart components), it was a decent price, and it sounds good, I probably wouldn't care.

Back