Should I buy a QC?

Your sarcasmdetector needs a battery change.

I wasn't being sarcastic in my reply to @fretworn. What is unstable about Fractal products?

To me, stability equates to reliability and dependably. I've been using Fractal products for 15 years now and never had one fail on me.

The UI is killer, but JFC the effects are trash (for now) and a Fractal FM3 sounds killer for about 1/2 the secondary market price of a QC.

Yeah the effects left a bit to be desired. All my presets started to feel a bit the same. (Though I suppose we all ultimately dial in our preferred tones) They need to expand the verb/delay effects considerably.

You are being very generous.

I thought certain effect types got better over time. Chorus being one. They added a bunch of good chorus options. I though their OD’s were pretty good from the jump. The bonked Flanger got replaced by a decent one. The Freeze was a good addition.

I found most of the delays to be average, but the Dual Delay they added was nice. Probably the best of the bunch. Imo

The Spring reverb is trash, (but I’m not a huge spring reverb guy) and I found most of the other reverbs to be sort of blah.

Def a weak point of the device. Needs more variety.

I thought certain effect types got better over time. Chorus being one. They added a bunch of good chorus options. I though their OD’s were pretty good from the jump. The bonked Flanger got replaced by a decent one. The Freeze was a good addition.

I found most of the delays to be average, but the Dual Delay they added was nice. Probably the best of the bunch. Imo

The Spring reverb is trash, (but I’m not a huge spring reverb guy) and I found most of the other reverbs to be sort of blah.

Def a weak point of the device. Needs more variety.

Their chorus is a toy compared to anything made in the last 30 years.

I actually really like the implementation of the QC fuzz. Instead of trying to make the hardware half-interaction work, they said screw it and modeled out the pickup-fuzz relationship with their Pickup Level parameter. It’s a new take I haven’t seen anywhere else, but no YouTuber noticed it so no one talks about it.

Back