Shenanigans Local #666 -- You Paid Your Dues, Now Kick Off Them Shoes!

That fuckin sucks dude. I don't get access to those services where I live, so at least you have that.

But if it works that way, it's lame. Wish I could help you out with that. I hate dealing with any customer service rep on a phone.... especially the overseas call center type. I'm not xenophobic at all ..but sometimes these reps are unintelligible, and if this is customer service.....I don't want it.

Sadly everything is like that now, fuck Amazon forces you to chat with limited answers and hardly any way to get simple satisfaction....it's all illogical and intended to force people to give up.

Sorry bro, hope it gets better.
With this app, you have to use a chat service. First, it's just a "virtual chat", which I knew, so I just kept repeating my questions, and used big words, figuring that would confuse the algorithm and get me to a real person, which it did.

Any time I have to use the phone, and those apps say, "Please state your issue so I can get you the help you need," I just reply with gibberish. That always gets me a real person.

Don't get me wrong, if it's a simple prescription refill, I'll use the automated service. But I also know the types of issues that need a real human being, and I want to get to that person asap. Fucking world!!

OOHH, I'm getting a $5 credit on my order!

With this app, you have to use a chat service. First, it's just a "virtual chat", which I knew, so I just kept repeating my questions, and used big words, figuring that would confuse the algorithm and get me to a real person, which it did.

Any time I have to use the phone, and those apps say, "Please state your issue so I can get you the help you need," I just reply with gibberish. That always gets me a real person.

Don't get me wrong, if it's a simple prescription refill, I'll use the automated service. But I also know the types of issues that need a real human being, and I want to get to that person asap. Fucking world!!

OOHH, I'm getting a $5 credit on my order!
Well glad it's getting worked out.

As to the other stuff, I refuse to do any of those things. I pass the device to my wife, and she handles it. I don't do stupid, and she worked at McDonald's for over 15 years...so she can handle people.
Seriously, I'm nice and all...but I hate dealing with that shit in my personal life.

With my old business, professional life I did it like a champ...no issue. But for some reason when it comes to anything personal I just see red and don't help at all. So I understand the frustration.

Well glad it's getting worked out.

As to the other stuff, I refuse to do any of those things. I pass the device to my wife, and she handles it. I don't do stupid, and she worked at McDonald's for over 15 years...so she can handle people.
Seriously, I'm nice and all...but I hate dealing with that shit in my personal life.

With my old business, professional life I did it like a champ...no issue. But for some reason when it comes to anything personal I just see red and don't help at all. So I understand the frustration.
Yep!

And seriously, I don't mind the fact I had to wait extra time for my order. Heck, it's a pretty cool convenience (even though you DO pay for it in fees, tips, and a markup that Instacart applies to your entire order) to be able to have groceries delivered to your house, by sitting at your computer.

The part that's unacceptable is, the order delivery time kept getting pushed back, which told me that it may not even happen. I was content to wait, but a voice was telling me I needed to reach out and see wtf was going on. And sure enough, they were having "trouble locating a shopper for my order."

Well, your fancy computer system should've picked up on that fact, once the delivery time kept getting pushed back. Or I suppose none of the nerds who wrote the code thought of that, huh??

Tell the driver that they will get their tip when they deliver a future order…
You know, I even thought about rescinding their tip (which you can do after the fact), but I can't do that. It's not their fault. Kinda like stiffing the waitperson because your steak was overcooked.

Yeah, they'll light a fire under the cook's ass, assuming they ever know why you stiffed them, but I just can't do that shit.

I continued the chat, and they basically told me to go pound sand. I'll get it on the next order. Fuck them!

Last edited:
Daily Specials for the day are:

Hang-over Hash - $3.50
Hair-o-the-dog - $3.50
Smile -

tree-fiddy.gif

With all this cool gear and tech we own, I think we sometimes take for granted how amazing things like the human body are. The human heart (aside from the brain) is probably one of the most amazing machines in existence. It can operate non-stop for over 100 years if properly maintained. And only needs food to run.

Prime example. I went on an hour run this morning. The weather was absolutely perfect and once I got into a comfortable pace, it was only a matter of focusing on my breathing and feel.

This was my heart rate for the entire session. The 4:08 in the Zone 1 was my body warming up. Check out the consistency of Zone 2, as well as the graph:

1725380843464.jpeg

Absolutely amazing tech! And no firmware updates required.

:rollsafe

With all this cool gear and tech we own, I think we sometimes take for granted how amazing things like the human body are. The human heart (aside from the brain) is probably one of the most amazing machines in existence. It can operate non-stop for over 100 years if properly maintained. And only needs food to run.

Prime example. I went on an hour run this morning. The weather was absolutely perfect and once I got into a comfortable pace, it was only a matter of focusing on my breathing and feel.

This was my heart rate for the entire session. The 4:08 in the Zone 1 was my body warming up. Check out the consistency of Zone 2, as well as the graph:

View attachment 27846

Absolutely amazing tech! And no firmware updates required.

:rollsafe
Well cool, Mr health face.....run a couple more miles for me next time!!!😜

Just kidding, our bodies are absolutely amazing.

J. May, he said mine was a wonderland. I believe him, so I keep it that way. 🤣

Neil Pearts book

I have had a few of his books in my amazon cart for months now. :idk I'd love to do some
kind of cross country adventure riding like he recounts in Ghost Rider (and his other books)
without the immense tragedy that preceded him doing so. Just seems like it would be an
amazing, life-altering journey.

Not sure I can do 300+ pages of a man struggling with immense grief and loss, though. :hugitout

I have had a few of his books in my amazon cart for months now. :idk I'd love to do some
kind of cross country adventure riding like he recounts in Ghost Rider (and his other books)
without the immense tragedy that preceded him doing so. Just seems like it would be an
amazing, life-altering journey.

Not sure I can do 300+ pages of a man struggling with immense grief and loss, though. :hugitout

It’s not all doom and gloom. There is reflection, sure, but it’s the story of Peart’s journey.

Back