Shenanigans Local #666 -- You Paid Your Dues, Now Kick Off Them Shoes!

Do tell? That is what we are here for ...Lydia asked a question and then left....🤣

Gotta pay that tab!!!

I was in a pretty dark place at the time, my divorce sent me into a tailspin and I was drinking way too much, way too often. Ghost Rider is a story of survival (Peart lost his wife to cancer and his daughter to an automobile accident-both within a year). Reading about his journey back to normalcy inspired me to get myself back on track. I’ve been sober for 19 years now, and that started with Peart’s book.

Love that album but Larks Tongues In Aspic is my #1 KC album! On Three Of A Perfect Pair though, Dig Me is in my top 10 KC songs ever!! I just love hearing that story from the perspective of a car decaying in the junk yard, brilliant on Belew's part and of course, with Fripp, Levin and Belew backing you up, you have a pretty good soundtrack to that story ;~))

I was in a pretty dark place at the time, my divorce sent me into a tailspin and I was drinking way too much, way too often. Ghost Rider is a story of survival (Peart lost his wife to cancer and his daughter to an automobile accident-both within a year). Reading about his journey back to normalcy inspired me to get myself back on track. I’ve been sober for 19 years now, and that started with Peart’s book.
Thank you for sharing that, and I can truly appreciate your journey.

Also, glad to hear that this book helped you. I will have to find it now, and read it.

Also, congrats on the sobriety....even though this is a bar. Oops.

(y)

Will be 6 for me this coming December.
I am at 18 months, health issue induced abstination ;~(( Hopefully I can return to the glory of a drunken stupor one day ;~)) I have stopped for a full year, 5 other times in my adult life. Twice because I did some really stupid shit and gave myself a one year time out. The other times were "cleanse the body and concentrate" induced. This current one is because of the lame ass meds I am taking and how they interact with alcohol ;~((

Always admired John p. But never gelled with DT, until systematic chaos....then it all made sense....their singer had always been the issue with me....I apologize in advance.
Man, In The Presence of Enemies, especially listening to both parts together, is such an amazing piece of music. The way it jumps out at you, goes into this utterly frenetic flurry of diminished runs, then suddenly restates the opening theme, and then goes into one of JP's most melodic solos ever, is crazy good, but not even the best part of that song! I LOVE the eery mood the music creates at the beginning of Part 2, and then Petrucci's arpeggiated parts that go between 4/4 & 9/8...., it's probably my favorite song by them, among many. I think I'll put it on the jukebox. Nobody's gonna be able to listen to any other songs for the next 25 minutes bitches! :rofl

And most don't really care for SC, but I think it's one of their best!

Man, In The Presence of Enemies, especially listening to both parts together, is such an amazing piece of music. The way it jumps out at you, goes into this utterly frenetic flurry of diminished runs, then suddenly restates the opening theme, and then goes into one of JP's most melodic solos ever, is crazy good, but not even the best part of that song! I LOVE the eery mood the music creates at the beginning of Part 2, and then Petrucci's arpeggiated parts that go between 4/4 & 9/8...., it's probably my favorite song by them, among many. I think I'll put it on the jukebox. Nobody's gonna be able to listen to any other songs for the next 25 minutes bitches! :rofl

And most don't really care for SC, but I think it's one of their best!

Phew, I thought I may have offended you...so I was worried. Cool to see that we agree!!!

Now I'm gonna have to get that CD out and rip it to MP3, yeah I still do that. I'm old....ish.

DOES EVERYONE JUST WANT TO DEVELOP AN APP, AND OPERATE IT VIA COMPUTER ALGORITHMS, AND USE OVERSEAS CUSTOMER REPS?? Fuck me!!

I can't grocery shop due to my broken heel, and I've been waiting for my Instacart order since 8 PM now. Supposed to have been delivered by 9:25, and it's been pushed back 3 times. Now they're saying midnight!!

I had to use a chat service to contact them! Such bullshit!

Last edited:
DOES EVERYONE JUST WANT TO DEVELOP AN APP, AND OPERATE IT VIA COMPUTER ALGORITHMS, AND USE OVERSEAS CUSTOMER REPS?? Fuck me!!

I can't grocery shop due to my broken ankle, and I've been waiting for my Instacart order since 8 PM now. Supposed to have been delivered by 9:25, and it's been pushed back 3 times. Now they're saying midnight!!

I had to use a chat service to contact them! Such bullshit!
That fuckin sucks dude. I don't get access to those services where I live, so at least you have that.

But if it works that way, it's lame. Wish I could help you out with that. I hate dealing with any customer service rep on a phone.... especially the overseas call center type. I'm not xenophobic at all ..but sometimes these reps are unintelligible, and if this is customer service.....I don't want it.

Sadly everything is like that now, fuck Amazon forces you to chat with limited answers and hardly any way to get simple satisfaction....it's all illogical and intended to force people to give up.

Sorry bro, hope it gets better.

Back