Shenanigans Local #666 -- You Paid Your Dues, Now Kick Off Them Shoes!

Oh, almost forgot (and apologies to those whom I've shared this with already), a later band I was in, the bass player was also a huge Rush fanatic like me, but different drummer.

I was like, hey guys, me and Joe love Rush, let's do some Rush! Ok, but who's gonna sing? Ok, bad idea.

But then Joe tells me he's got a drummer friend who lives out on a farm out in the sticks of southern MD, who has this big house, plenty of space to jam, and also loves Rush. So the 3 of us get together, and have at it. Nothing but Rush songs, with the added bonus for me, that the drummer's older brother also played guitar, and owned like, every Boss pedal made, and was cool with me using them.

Well, turns out these dudes go to the same small private school, and they want to play at their senior assembly. I was like, well what about the fact we have no one singing, and we're playing all Rush songs? They said it didn't matter. And it didn't! (Plus, we didn't need a PA.)

We probably played like, 6-8 instrumental Rush tunes, and it went over surprisingly well! Oh, and it was the first time I played with a drummer that, because he was a huge Neil Peart fan, had this colossal drum kit too! Which, when you're 18 is cool AF.

Oh, almost forgot (and apologies to those whom I've shared this with already), a later band I was in, the bass player was also a huge Rush fanatic like me, but different drummer.

I was like, hey guys, me and Joe love Rush, let's do some Rush! Ok, but who's gonna sing? Ok, bad idea.

But then Joe tells me he's got a drummer friend who lives out on a farm out in the sticks of southern MD, who has this big house, plenty of space to jam, and also loves Rush. So the 3 of us get together, and have at it. Nothing but Rush songs, with the added bonus for me, that the drummer's older brother also played guitar, and owned like, every Boss pedal made, and was cool with me using them.

Well, turns out these dudes go to the same small private school, and they want to play at their senior assembly. I was like, well what about the fact we have no one singing, and we're playing all Rush songs? They said it didn't matter. And it didn't! (Plus, we didn't need a PA.)

We probably played like, 6-8 instrumental Rush tunes, and it went over surprisingly well! Oh, and it was the first time I played with a drummer that, because he was a huge Neil Peart fan, had this colossal drum kit too! Which, when you're 18 is cool AF.
Drummers are always willing to play some rush

This reminds me of an audition when i was much younger...similar. the drummer was kinda the leader of the band. We really clicked tbh. We jammed a bunch of rush riffs...and led zeppelin. I think he wanted me in the band. The guitarist said to me. You know if you get in the band, you are not playing any lead. Im like ok. Whatever.

Oops....sorry. obviously not a rush fanatic, but I have heard of his book....just didn't come to mind....all those free drinks....guess the next round is in me!!!!!!!

Is that where he talks about riding motorcycles?

Hiccup.

🥃🍸🍹🍺🍻🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃
Yes. It is. Free drinks will do that to ya. I think i should get my credit card back from the bartender, before you guys put me in the poor house lol

Is there a cover charge for this thread? Like, you have to be able to cover a Rush song or you can't participate? All joking aside, I kid!!!
20240902_201949.jpg

Back