Recommend a Modern Style Baritone

TJontheRoad

Roadie
I'm considering a modern style bari for chugging duties. What's out there that isn't Indonesian built and not too expensive (sub $1,500)? Jackson, ESP, and such I guess.

What ya' think?

I am interested in hearing whether you can get any non-Indonesian guitar at that price point. Some of the overseas guitars even go past it.

Baritones seem to be a niche product right now, either you have the bigger shops making them overseas (PRS, ESP LTD, etc) or you have smaller shops doubling down on the idea (Hybrid).

I wouldn't have any issue with the PRS or Reverend baritones that are currently offered despite their country of origin. I haven't played much of the others so I couldn't say.

I am interested in hearing whether you can get any non-Indonesian guitar at that price point. Some of the overseas guitars even go past it.

Baritones seem to be a niche product right now, either you have the bigger shops making them overseas (PRS, ESP LTD, etc) or you have smaller shops doubling down on the idea (Hybrid).

I wouldn't have any issue with the PRS or Reverend baritones that are currently offered despite their country of origin. I haven't played much of the others so I couldn't say.
I may end up getting a MII. They're dime a dozen it seems. I don't really need much research to find one. I'm considering a Jackson X Series Soloist SLA6 DX Baritone I can get cheap. Just wondering what else is out there.

MII makes in my experience have been hit or miss. Very inconsistent between good and bad.

Be different
Yamaha RGX TT D6
Screenshot_20230313-121231.png

I do like what I see in the Yamaha RGX TT D6. Finding one available though is another matter.

Attachments

• Yamaha RGX TT D6.png
    Yamaha RGX TT D6.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 21
They're Indo's, but I'd be going straight to www.solar-guitars.com and checking out their B-stock, or even their regular stock. My E-type blows away any new Ibanez I've played that wasn't a Prestige for the last 20 years.

And if you start doing some research on them, you'll see the same few people talking about Solar's QC issues; I've asked these people for documented proof several times but no one can seem to provide any, aside from some pics of 2 guitars that had fretboard's cracking and were bought used.

They're Indo's, but I'd be going straight to www.solar-guitars.com and checking out their B-stock, or even their regular stock. My E-type blows away any new Ibanez I've played that wasn't a Prestige for the last 20 years.

And if you start doing some research on them, you'll see the same few people talking about Solar's QC issues; I've asked these people for documented proof several times but no one can seem to provide any, aside from some pics of 2 guitars that had fretboard's cracking and were bought used.

Thanks, I'll have a look. The only issue I have with MII is inconstancy. Some I've tried have been good to great. Some really bad to even more awful. Other places of origin have fared better with me. I don't like returning stuff if all possible.

Thanks, I'll have a look. The only issue I have with MII is inconstancy. Some I've tried have been good to great. Some really bad to even more awful. Other places of origin have fared better with me. I don't like returning stuff if all possible.

@Iron1 is another satisfied Solar owner. Check out their FB group as well!

Any reason for no Indo?

I had a baritone Ibanez awhile back that was Indo made and it was pretty fantastic. Modded it to my taste of course, but it was damn solid and you can pick one up for under a grand.

Started with this:

B01907A4-32BD-40B1-AA38-A56F9CCF2B9B.jpeg

Ended up like this:

A3DA3186-E9A0-4CDA-9BE9-4FBC28973A86.jpeg

Thing was a monster in drop F.

Back