Post a production guitar you wish you owned right now.

I pretty much feel blessed with what I have. I am super lucky. Been very fortunate
over the years.

I am not missing anything glaring that plagues me. Even have an hard time generating
a lot of want. It is fun imagining and dreaming, though. :love

There are guitars I would like to play. As far as own. Not sure. Maybe a Resonator of
some kind. A nice Martin.

Oh, maybe a Kauer Banshee of some kind. Yeah, that's the ticket!

ov2rtky4ctzqvgwgd83g.jpg
Sexy The Voice GIF

I pretty much feel blessed with what I have. I am super lucky. Been very fortunate
over the years.

I am not missing anything glaring that plagues me. Even have an hard time generating
a lot of want.
Same here.

Over the years I've narrowed things down to a few guitars I really love that cover the bases of anything I'm likely to want to play.

At this point my 335, HSS Strat, and partscaster Fender Pawnshop Offset Special are the three I tend to grab with the Offset Special getting the majority of playing time at home and 335 for gigs. I toy with the idea of getting a really nice fully hollow jazzbox like a L-5 or Super 400 but they're both cost prohibitive and I'm afraid that playing without sound reinforcement they would feedback uncontrollably at concert volume.

I have a few others which I consider niche guitars, really like but rarely play; my partscaster Telecaster, a HH quilt top Tele, a Martin D-28 and a few others. One way or the other I'm really happy with what I have and don't even go to the guitar section anymore. I only stumbled on to this thread because it was listed in the trending posts section of the home page.

I really loved the tone of the Pawnshop Offset Special because I can get a great Jazz tone out of it and the humbucking Jazzmaster pickups do overdrive and high gain really well. But I didn't like the vintage style neck so like the Tele I put an American Elite Stratocaster neck on it. Same specs as the Tele; 9.5"-14" compound radius, C to D carve, ebony board and locking tuners. Now it's an absolute joy to play and gets more playing time than anything else I have.

I tend to spend my "want time" lusting after amps. I know it's crazy because I can get any tone I want out of my Fractal gear but there's something about a big iron tube amp with glorious gain options that draws me in like sirens calling to sailors from the cliffs.

Anyway, here's the Offset Special (middle). I picked it up for $650 and now they're going for double that and more so clearly they became more appreciated over time. If you can, check one out. They're not for everyone but for some it may be an option never considered but well received.

L-R: '91 Custom Shop Strat with a swamp ash body, Pawnshop Offset Special, and my Partscaster Tele all with ebony boards and two tone vintage sunburst finishes.

51215851963_b3af0c4061_b.jpg

Same here.

Over the years I've narrowed things down to a few guitars I really love that cover the bases of anything I'm likely to want to play.

At this point my 335, HSS Strat, and partscaster Fender Pawnshop Offset Special are the three I tend to grab with the Offset Special getting the majority of playing time at home and 335 for gigs. I toy with the idea of getting a really nice fully hollow jazzbox like a L-5 or Super 400 but they're both cost prohibitive and I'm afraid that playing without sound reinforcement they would feedback uncontrollably at concert volume.

I have a few others which I consider niche guitars, really like but rarely play; my partscaster Telecaster, a HH quilt top Tele, a Martin D-28 and a few others. One way or the other I'm really happy with what I have and don't even go to the guitar section anymore. I only stumbled on to this thread because it was listed in the trending posts section of the home page.

I really loved the tone of the Pawnshop Offset Special because I can get a great Jazz tone out of it and the humbucking Jazzmaster pickups do overdrive and high gain really well. But I didn't like the vintage style neck so like the Tele I put an American Elite Stratocaster neck on it. Same specs as the Tele; 9.5"-14" compound radius, C to D carve, ebony board and locking tuners. Now it's an absolute joy to play and gets more playing time than anything else I have.

I tend to spend my "want time" lusting after amps. I know it's crazy because I can get any tone I want out of my Fractal gear but there's something about a big iron tube amp with glorious gain options that draws me in like sirens calling to sailors from the cliffs.

Anyway, here's the Offset Special (middle). I picked it up for $650 and now they're going for double that and more so clearly they became more appreciated over time. If you can, check one out. They're not for everyone but for some it may be an option never considered but well received.

L-R: '91 Custom Shop Strat with a swamp ash body, Pawnshop Offset Special, and my Partscaster Tele all with ebony boards and two tone vintage sunburst finishes.

51215851963_b3af0c4061_b.jpg

Love it! :love I am a big fan of the mashups Fender has done over the years with the Paranormal
and Pawn Shop Series of guitars. Do you use the Trem much on it?

Love it! :love I am a big fan of the mashups Fender has done over the years with the Paranormal
and Pawn Shop Series of guitars. Do you use the Trem much on it?
No, I don't even have it attached. It wasn't a work of art regarding returning to pitch after being used.

I did consider replacing it with a Mastery Vibrato and bridge but wondered if it would affect the tone which I like so much that I just didn't want to chance it.

OMV-1.jpg

m1-mastery.jpg

I actually don't use the bar that much and have them removed on my Strats as well. I do keep it floating on the Strats and rest my palm on it to add subtle vibrato to chords as appropriate.

I think I'm in a good place guitar-wise these days. Just been fortunate enough to snag some really good pieces these last couple of years. Nothing really grabs me these days.

I'd like to think I'm done, because how many guitars do you really need to own? Of course, my last purchase was less than a month ago, so the GAS has been killed for a while but probably will rear its ugly head again in the near future.

I also still don't have a single-coil axe or a seven-string after my Mayones Regius Core 7 and Sugi DH496C got stolen a few years ago.

Wow, sorry to hear that!

Thanks. It's a tale of woe. They got stolen while I was shifting countries.

I was keeping a lookout for them and saw them pop up on a platform that connects buyers and sellers in the country I was living in.

I immediately got the cops involved and... nothing for the past three years.

Apparently there's an investigation going on, because multiple parties are involved. This thing may have been stolen by my packers and movers or maybe even from customs in the country I was living in.

The guy who has them is unable to sell them until the investigation is over as well.

Still hopeful that I will be reunited with them. But not overly optimistic after all this time.

Thanks. It's a tale of woe. They got stolen while I was shifting countries.

I was keeping a lookout for them and saw them pop up on a platform that connects buyers and sellers in the country I was living in.

I immediately got the cops involved and... nothing for the past three years.

Apparently there's an investigation going on, because multiple parties are involved. This thing may have been stolen by my packers and movers or maybe even from customs in the country I was living in.

The guy who has them is unable to sell them until the investigation is over as well.

Still hopeful that I will be reunited with them. But not overly optimistic after all this time.
Best of luck for sure. That really sucks :confused:

Back