Post a production guitar you wish you owned right now.

BICH10-FRONT-1024x365-2.jpg

How self-absorbed does one have to be, to keep a section of the top plain wood, so he can sign it there?
He goes from toning down the headstock signature to that?
He gets a lot of shit for that but by all accounts his guitars are :chef.

1719780887953.png

1719781217067.png

Schecter Solo-II FR Apocalypse, with the Red Reign finish.

This thing, in theory, has so much of what I'd love these days:

• 22 frets, for a warmer neck tone
  • Stainless steel frets, because my left hand must be like a fucking vice, and I wear nickel frets within months
  • A Floyd, because I have no class
  • A neck heel of the style normally only ever found on set neck or neck through superstrats, for fantastic upper fret access
  • Carbon fiber reinforcement rods in the neck for stability
  • Multi-ply maple / padauk neck for stability
  • Ebony fretboard, just looks cool, but also may be brighter to balance the shorter scale length
  • 24¾" scale for warmer tone, helps balance the Floyd
  • Two high output humbuckers, ring mounted: These might actually sound great as they are, but the great thing is, because they're ring mounted, they'd be so easy to swap out with any uncovered humbucker sized pickup
  • Glow in the dark side dot markers
Caveats:

• Angeled headstock, easier to break, but it does have a nice volute, so that will help. I don't see the point since you're using a Floyd nut here. I think a straight headstock would be right here
  • LP position pickup selector. To me that's just nonsense on any guitar. If you insist on a three way, do it SG style.
Could be cool:
  • Has a push pull, but the manufacturer isn't gonna tell you what for. Split coil? Parallel? Phase? So many mysteries in life, and here's another

View attachment 24751

View attachment 24752

Schecter Solo-II FR Apocalypse, with the Red Reign finish.

This thing, in theory, has so much of what I'd love these days:

• 22 frets, for a warmer neck tone
  • Stainless steel frets, because my left hand must be like a fucking vice, and I wear nickel frets within months
  • A Floyd, because I have no class
  • A neck heel of the style normally only ever found on set neck or neck through superstrats, for fantastic upper fret access
  • Carbon fiber reinforcement rods in the neck for stability
  • Multi-ply maple / padauk neck for stability
  • Ebony fretboard, just looks cool, but also may be brighter to balance the shorter scale length
  • 24¾" scale for warmer tone, helps balance the Floyd
  • Two high output humbuckers, ring mounted: These might actually sound great as they are, but the great thing is, because they're ring mounted, they'd be so easy to swap out with any uncovered humbucker sized pickup
  • Glow in the dark side dot markers
Caveats:

• Angeled headstock, easier to break, but it does have a nice volute, so that will help. I don't see the point since you're using a Floyd nut here. I think a straight headstock would be right here
  • LP position pickup selector. To me that's just nonsense on any guitar. If you insist on a three way, do it SG style.
Could be cool:
  • Has a push pull, but the manufacturer isn't gonna tell you what for. Split coil? Parallel? Phase? So many mysteries in life, and here's another
Point Guitar GIF by Xbox

It makes me think about selling my PRS McCarty 594 SE that I barely use, to get that one.

BTW: the pot push-pull is for split-coil

However, what I really wish to own right now, and yesterday, and tomorrow, is already out of stock and production 😭
MRG17 a.jpg

MRG17 b.jpg

MRG17 c.jpg

MRG17 d.jpg

MRG17.jpg

MRG17 e.jpg
sad toby turner GIF

Last edited:
Similar to Rob Balducci’s LACS from the 90’s, he just didn’t have the vine inlay.
Not much. Even though I have a weakness for purple guitars, I don't like at all this paint over the natural wood. Knobs are barbiegirl. Zebra pups with purple over cream??? The tremolo is orthopedic. And it has the headstock mounted in a wrong position

1719842198311.jpeg

Back