What is your oldest guitar?

I went to school with Mark Hankin whose father owned the George Washington Motor Lodge. Once a week the school took our class there for swimming in the Lodge's swimming pool. Good times.

Small world.
Huh I'll be danged. I was born in Philly 1955, moved to Lafayette Hill 1959, grew up and lived there until 1989, when moved out to Norcal, now live in Union City CA. Still go back to visit friends and family every so often. Was there last year for 50th HS reunion

Yeah, the Hankins owned it and also the one in King Of Prussia, among other properties. My dad worked with PennDOT as a right of way assessor for the state and was dealing with the owners, in particular Mo, which led to an interesting outcome.

I worked there as a busboy/room service on weekends from about Jan to May or June 1972. One of the waitresses accused me of stealing tips, which I wasn't, and which caught me by surprise when ol' Mo called me into his office to grill me about. I denied it, and shortly thereafter quit, I had enough beans for the axe. My dad was not happy about my being unfairly accused. So as a result, as I understand it, PennDOT really wanted one of Hankins' properties as a right of way for a road somewhere, so my dad assessed property value such that ol' Mo received only pennies on the dollar on the value of the property. Breaks my heart. Not. > sad trombone<:pickle:beer:grin:banana

What area you in?

Huh I'll be danged. I was born in Philly 1955, moved to Lafayette Hill 1959, grew up and lived there until 1989, when moved out to Norcal, now live in Union City CA. Still go back to visit friends and family every so often. Was there last year for 50th HS reunion

Yeah, the Hankins owned it and also the one in King Of Prussia, among other properties. My dad worked with PennDOT as a right of way assessor for the state and was dealing with the owners, in particular Mo, which led to an interesting outcome.

I worked there as a busboy/room service on weekends from about Jan to May or June 1972. One of the waitresses accused me of stealing tips, which I wasn't, and which caught me by surprise when ol' Mo called me into his office to grill me about. I denied it, and shortly thereafter quit, I had enough beans for the axe. My dad was not happy about my being unfairly accused. So as a result, as I understand it, PennDOT really wanted one of Hankins' properties as a right of way for a road somewhere, so my dad assessed property value such that ol' Mo received only pennies on the dollar on the value of the property. Breaks my heart. Not. > sad trombone<:pickle:beer:grin:banana

What area you in?

I live in Mt. Airy and have lived in the Germantown, Mt. Airy, Chestnut Hill area since 1960 except for a decade in NYC when I was in graduate school then television production.

Mark and I were well acquainted but weren't "friends" because he was a year ahead of me which at that age was a big deal. We went to Oak Lane Day School together where our class went swimming at the motor lodge and then again at Penn Charter.

Interesting story about your experience there, it must have been traumatic at the time. Being falsely accused is a horrible thing but at least you had a father who stuck up for you.

A 1989 Washburn WT-90 or a Washburn DC-60 Lexington that's either a '88 or a '89, both bought new in '89. Back then a local medium size mom and pop music store name of Guitar-Guitar in Sherman Oaks, CA carried a complete line of Washburns. Sadly that store closed down several years ago like a lot a other music stores have because of internet competition. But anyways I digress. Washburn made great guitars in the '80s and '90s and I still have these from 35 years ago.

20200719_180840.jpg
Resized_2(2).jpg
20210913_213257.jpg
20210913_213308.jpg

Last edited:
My oldest is a 2003 Burny RLG 90 that came out of the Tokai factory. Absolutely killer guitar, especially with the Manlius Fat Diane pickups it came with.
IMG_0126.jpeg

My 2004 Burny RG85VLD is also killer. I think this one has custom shop burstbuckers in it.
IMG_0972.jpeg

A 1989 Washburn WT-90 or a Washburn DC-60 Lexington that's either a '88 or a '89, both bought new in '89. Back then a local medium size mom and pop music store name of Guitar-Guitar in Sherman Oaks, CA carried a complete line of Washburns. Sadly that store closed down several years ago like a lot a other music stores have because of internet competition. But anyways I digress. Washburn made great guitars in the '80s and '90s and I still have these from 35 years ago.

View attachment 24862

That's dope; never seen one of these before

Best high gainer out there in my book
I've got the D120. Couldn't be happier with it.

I also like that cab. I gigged my Sig:X with a FatBottom 2x12 for a couple of years. It was a truly versatile amp that covered all the bases.

I still have my Fatbottom 2x12 but I really don't like it that much tbh; not a fan of the P50E's

Not only do I not like the sound but I've had one of them blow for no apparent reason

Back