Post a production guitar you wish you owned right now.

1719844600761.png

Rob-Balducci-ICJUK-Skull-and-Roses.jpg
Not much. Even though I have a weakness for purple guitars, I don't like at all this paint over the natural wood. Knobs are barbiegirl. Zebra pups with purple over cream??? The tremolo is orthopedic. And it has the headstock mounted in a wrong position

View attachment 24786

Nah, he had another one that was pretty much identical to the body/color w/ a LoPro.

Edit- Ah, not as identical as I thought—

Not much. Even though I have a weakness for purple guitars, I don't like at all this paint over the natural wood. Knobs are barbiegirl. Zebra pups with purple over cream??? The tremolo is orthopedic. And it has the headstock mounted in a wrong position

View attachment 24786
Everything is cool except the knobs, pickup colors and 12 fret marker.

If I were to buy a new guitar soon, more than likely it'll be one of these:

preview_1.jpg

I've always loved this config and shape but never tried as a baritone, which is a sound I don't currently have.

A Dano would be cool. Same with a Bari. Both in one is a double win!

I love guitars with character. :beer

I want a DC of some kind. Never had one. Preferably a Jr. in TV Yeller for the win! :banana
I picked up a DC Jr. a while ago because I wanted a guitar that could nail the Mississippi Queen tone.

It's a great guitar but the stock P-90s hum was problematic for me so I replaced it with a Frailin Noiseless P-90. While it doesn't sound exactly like a stock P-90, particularly at lower volume edge of breakup tones, it's very close and it still sounds great when used that way. It absolutely nails the Mississippi Queen tone which was the point of the whole exercise.

Not TV Yellow but I really like the way it looks.

I also added a Wilkinson TP-3691-010 stop tailpiece which only has two moving parts giving the vast majority of the benefits of a stop tailpiece but still allows for intonation adjustments.

TP-3691-010-web__52300.1487436781.1000.1280.jpg

It's a killer guitar and absolutely slays when played through a full stack at volume.

8366029923_3dcaa5b995_b.jpg

This is the tone I wanted...

I pretty much feel blessed with what I have. I am super lucky. Been very fortunate
over the years.

I am not missing anything glaring that plagues me. Even have an hard time generating
a lot of want. It is fun imagining and dreaming, though. :love

There are guitars I would like to play. As far as own. Not sure. Maybe a Resonator of
some kind. A nice Martin.

Oh, maybe a Kauer Banshee of some kind. Yeah, that's the ticket!

ov2rtky4ctzqvgwgd83g.jpg

There are guitars I would like to play. As far as own. Not sure.
I’m definitely getting close to this point. Played an Epiphone Firebird last week that I was enjoying more than expected. But also knew if I actually owned it…I’d just be picking up my tele every time and rarely using it.

There are a lot of guitars I’d love to rent for a long weekend, but not a whole lot I think I’d really want to pony up for either in terms of money or storage space.

Renting is a great idea! :beer

The town I grew up in used to rent out PA and Recording Gear. Renting Tascam Portastudios
and Fostex 4 tracks in the 80s for a weekend was what got me stoked about recording and writing.

Back