What is your oldest guitar?

MadAsAHatter

Roadie
I'll put the question both ways.
1. What is your oldest guitar by date of production?
2 What is your oldest guitar by how long you have owned it?

My oldest guitar by production is one in my group of Hondo Deluxe guitars. I don't have an exact date on any of them but they were all made between '80-'83.

1694948528691.png

The guitar I have owned the longest is my Ibanez IC300 Iceman. This was the second guitar I've ever owned. It was part of the first production run for the rerelease of the Iceman. The s/n shows it was made in 1994 and I bought it sometime in'95.

1694948970552.png

I'll put the question both ways.
1. What is your oldest guitar by date of production?
2 What is your oldest guitar by how long you have owned it?

My oldest guitar by production is one in my group of Hondo Deluxe guitars. I don't have an exact date on any of them but they were all made between '80-'83.

View attachment 10927

The guitar I have owned the longest is my Ibanez IC300 Iceman. This was the second guitar I've ever owned. It was part of the first production run for the rerelease of the Iceman. The s/n shows it was made in 1994 and I bought it sometime in'95.

View attachment 10928
Around the same time I picked up my Artist above, I also used a Hondo Strat as my main gigging guitar. Threw some EMG S's in it. The 1pc maple neck was/is pretty sweet. Still have the neck actually but the body is long gone.

Sweet collection you got there!

Oldest guitar is also the one I’ve had the longest. 1972 Yamaha FG acoustic. It was my mom’s so I’ve sort of had it my whole life.

IMG_2876.jpeg

Oldest fretted instrument is a tenor banjo my great grandfather bought sometime around 1923.

IMG_2873.jpeg

And oldest instrument in the house is a Sargent baby grand made in 1915

IMG_2878.jpeg

That’d be the 80’s Warlock I have that I really need to slap some paint on and put back together. I can’t remember if it’s an ‘87 or an ‘84.

Back