PastFX Chorus Ensemble mn3007

EOengineer

Roadie
So for those of you who haven’t already figured this out, I’m an idiot.

I’ve been on a chorus kick and grabbed a couple chorus pedals this year while tone chasing. I bought a small clone for the Nirvana stuff. Then I’ve had a couple misses trying to chase the CE-1, most recently with a Voodoo Labs Analog Chorus.

Enter the PastFX stuff. I’m really not sure how I missed these, or maybe I saw them and forgot. Not sure. In any event, I just scored a minty full size MN3007 prototype and am soooo excited to get this thing in my hands.

I want the CE-1 in all it’s glory. The crunchy preamp, the thick swirly chorus, the seasick vibrato. Can’t wait to plug this thing in and rip on some Police and 80s pop tunes.

I really wish I had started here. It would have saved me a ton.

Last edited:
Just skimmed through a video Leon did of this and it sounds :chef Report back once you get it. I've been looking at the Thorpy chorus on and off for a bit but haven't pulled the trigger.

PastFX are awesome, from what I've read and heard so far. I'm sure their take on Roland/Boss classics is no exception.

Anyone have any idea of why PastFX seems to also emphasize some of the
less well-known Buffalo FX Pedals?? :idk

Buffalo was awfully niche to be cloning. I was just wondering if there
was some affiliation there. :idk

That was the first PastFx pedal I tried and it was one of those "where have you been all my life?" moments. Everything I love about the original but without any of the annoying stuff. The Elastic Mattress is absolutely god tier too.
The EM is probably next for me, along with the MXR-117. My original 70s 117 is sitting in a closet because it’s basically a static noise generator at this point. I miss that tone though.

Did you review the Chorus Ensemble? I saw someone else reference it but I could only find your review of the PX65.

Last edited:
These guys have a few pedals I'm interested in, The TD-Y and Revolution particularly, but I really dig the whole 'let's tackle the old cool shit' aspect of the company.

Yeah, they nailed the aesthetics, too. :chef

My understanding was the Buffalo FX were takes on the Cornish takes on other pedals (Tube Drivers/Muffs),
and now PastFX is doing a take on a take on a take .... on a take. I think. :LOL:

Got it today - this is the best chorus pedal I’ve ever played. Everything I’d ever want in a chorus. The preamp is such an important part of the tone too. What a killer pedal. This might actually be one where I buy a backup just in case they dry up.

Got it today - this is the best chorus pedal I’ve ever played. Everything I’d ever want in a chorus. The preamp is such an important part of the tone too. What a killer pedal. This might actually be one where I buy a backup just in case they dry up.

To further escalate the GAS, did you see that Boss announced a BP-1W just yesterday?

Definitely an interesting idea: https://www.boss.info/global/products/bp-1w/

To further escalate the GAS, did you see that Boss announced a BP-1W just yesterday?

Definitely an interesting idea: https://www.boss.info/global/products/bp-1w/
I’m lukewarm on the waza stuff but I look forward to seeing how it sounds. I didn’t love the waza chorus. Maybe it’s better with the preamp but then I’m $300+ deep and have to deal with 2 pedals.

IMO Boss has really missed the boat by not putting out a true CE-1 reissue in a more sensible modern enclosure.

PastFX’s execution is flawless and I think I’d rather support them at this point. I love my old Boss pedals but it’s been decades since they’ve put out anything that interests me.

Annnnnnd one PastFx Chorus Ensemble coming my way! :banana
Which one did you get? 3007?

It’s so good. I don’t even use chorus much these days and now I’m trying to find ways to squeeze this thing into material. Gonna be that dope that choruses all the things.

Which one did you get? 3007?

It’s so good. I don’t even use chorus much these days and now I’m trying to find ways to squeeze this thing into material. Gonna be that dope that choruses all the things.
Yeah got the big 3007. I got reminded yesterday the CE-1 was a part of Yngwies signal chain back when his tone was at his best, and love how you can set this up as an original with the "wrong" impedeance and all, and switch back to modern operation when needed.
And I love chorus, this will be a treat I'm sure! :)

Yeah got the big 3007. I got reminded yesterday the CE-1 was a part of Yngwies signal chain back when his tone was at his best, and love how you can set this up as an original with the "wrong" impedeance and all, and switch back to modern operation when needed.
And I love chorus, this will be a treat I'm sure! :)
FWIW I think you are going to be very happy. As an extremely pro digital/modeling gear head, my first thought was that I’ve never played a chorus that felt this luscious anywhere, and I’ve looked.

It reminds me of the feeling I get when I pull my noisy old MXR 117 out of the closet where it feels alive, almost like I’m playing it as an instrument.

It’s not just the chorus though, there really is some magic in that preamp. My understanding is that the preamp has similarities to the JC120 preamp and I’m inclined to agree. I was sending clips of me playing One and Welcome Home (sanitarium) to some guitar buddies last night and we were all shocked how closely this hits the old Metallica cleans.

Back