New chorus pedals (EQD Aurelius, Walrus Fundamentals)

Whizzinby

Rock Star
TGF Recording Artist
I’m a chorus head so pretty cool to have a couple new pedals drop this week.

The Walrus pedals sounds pretty great to me for traditional chorus tones.

EQD’s looks really interesting as it can get a little more out there. Love the onboard footswitchable presets and exp control in that form factor.

Current status:

Glasses Why Dont We Have Both GIF by nounish ⌐◨-◨

Am I the weirdo that only likes chorus on delays? It’s always a little too warbly-sounding to me on the main guitar part. Having said that, the Aurelius does sound really good.

I LOVE chorus but at first glance without a listen; neither of these are moving the needle for me? Need to take a listen :unsure:

I overall don't like chorus

I liked the Sea Machine though because you could do a lot of weird stuff with it. Curious about the new EQD, I am a huge fanboy, I;'ll have to scope the demo when I get a chance

Am I the weirdo that only likes chorus on delays? It’s always a little too warbly-sounding to me on the main guitar part. Having said that, the Aurelius does sound really good.

Almost all modulation effects for me I like the rate to be slow and with a moderate mix. Just to give texture. The excessive warble thing I’ve never found a use for. Then again I’m not an ambient GearTuber :ROFLMAO:

That sounds absolutely fantastic. I need to add that to the collection.

The BL-82 from Old Blood Noise Endeavors also dropped.

They are being a little loose labeling that pedal as “chorus”. As long as you leave the clock slider off it loosely resembles a Chorus, but of course the second you move it, it becomes something else entirely. I want to like OBNE pedals but just struggle to envision any of them sticking on my pedal board after the novelty of them wears off.

I've tried a bunch of them and ended up with the Boss Waza CE-2w. I always use early Alex Lifeson stuff as a benchmark and the CE1 setting on the Waza is the only thing that really nails it. Have tried Source Audio, Strymon, Ibanez, Walrus, EQD, Wampler, and AnalogMan.

2f7a9a2fade82e027a311a78f0a2ff35.jpg
I agree. I’ve got the Julia v2, but it’s hard to beat the OG.

Back