OMG..Don’t Cry ..Slash joined the Magnatone’s.

99% of my favourites end up being Ace or Gene songs (though Paul has some good one too, but the ones that hit me are always the other two.)
The better songwriters are the guys that produce awesome shit on bad albums. That tends not to be Paul. In fact, if the albums meh, it tends to be due to Paul. IE, Crazy Nights, Dynasty and Unmasked. The only time this wasn't the case was due to Bob Ezrin, though some would blame Gene (The Elder). However, they were demoing rock tracks prior to Ezrin finding Gene's concept idea and going that direction.

Man; I get 💯 why and how KISS inspired bazillion of musicians to do what they do. Much respect to them on that front always and forever. I just found things in the 70s and 80s that were much more consistently inspiring to me on a musical level.

Man; I get 💯 why and how KISS inspired bazillion of musicians to do what they do. Much respect to them on that front always and forever. I just found things in the 70s and 80s that were much more consistently inspiring to me on a musical level.
Most people don't start out with cocaine when they do drugs. Like music, people tend to have stuff like KISS as a sort of gateway to stuff like Aerosmith, Sabbath, Zeppelin, Deep Purple, etc. Beatles played the same role on the kids in the 60s.

Most people don't start out with cocaine when they do drugs. Like music, people tend to have stuff like KISS as a sort of gateway to stuff like Aerosmith, Sabbath, Zeppelin, Deep Purple, etc. Beatles played the same role on the kids in the 60s.
Yeah big problem I had was listening to them as a 6-7 year old then circling back around when I was 12 or so. I might have remained a little more in step with them if I followed along a bit more.

Older fans (from the 70s) would blame you for ruining KISS. Shows went from young teens to 5 year olds dragging mom along to see the musical equivalent of a carnival
This is the cringiest thinking ever. Kids showing up didn't "ruin" KISS, they pandered to the audiences they wanted to attract.

Now, that's a dig at the band and their label/management, and to gatekeeping fans - - not to you personally.

Musically, at 5 (1979/80) I was more into Pink Floyd, AC/DC, Men at Work, newer Kiss, stuff my mom played like Commodores and RnB... current music at the time. The older Kiss I only randomly heard from my bro so it never connected, but I've listened back and do appreciate it now.

This is the cringiest thinking ever. Kids showing up didn't "ruin" KISS, they pandered to the audiences they wanted to attract.

Now, that's a dig at the band and their label/management, and to gatekeeping fans - - not to you personally.
Eh... their manager pushed them more in that direction. You can read into that and make your own conclusions.

Back