OMG..Don’t Cry ..Slash joined the Magnatone’s.

james hetfield smile GIF
Yup. I liked the Black Album. But Load/ReLoad? Eh. Okay. St. Anger? WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUCK?!

I should add, my first concert ever was KISS, so there's that! :love

Went with the same older cousin and had an absolute blast (13 yrs old, Crazy Nights tour in Toronto, blew my mind).

My first "I need this album or I am going to die" experience was with a Kiss Alive II 8 track
purchased from a Sears. I begged my very upstanding Christian Grandparents to buy it
for me. I am pretty sure I know what they were thinking. :LOL:

They did. And then that night I begged to sleep in the living room next to the console
stereo they had and fall asleep with headphones on listening to it.

Oh, and Black Diamond. :chef

For me the makeup and stage antics were not what I was drawn to---even as a kid. It
was the twin guitars, the harmony lines, and the vocals. Even live the backing vocals,
the trading of verses and harmony were captivating to me. I still prefer bands to this
day with multiple lead singers that can also support and sing harmony. There just
wasn't a lot of that in Rock Music at that time. You had big voiced front men carrying
the load, but bands with more than one lead singer and killer harmonies were still
pretty rare.

I might get one and switch it
out & into a Marshall headshell!
WORD.
I’m keepin my high beams out for a SL100
that pops up used or a decent sale.

The whole thing is weird to me. They've resurrected this brand, but they're not reissuing any of the original amps. The Magnatone 280 was all over records in the late 50s and 60s - Buddy Holly, Lonnie Mack, all of the San Francisco bands. I can see that they've created some derivative models, but it doesn't seem to be the main focus of the brand. It's like if Vox went out of business for 30 years and came back pushing Diezel copies. "AC30? Never heard of it!"

Obeid tells me Saul [slash] plays really fu*king LOUD and not a "high gain" kinda guy like 7 on the master.
The amps are market value from R & D to reality in 2024.
Not everyone's cup of tea but Magnatone has plenty of future orders.
Made in St. Louis MO USA.

Back