OMG..Don’t Cry ..Slash joined the Magnatone’s.

Man; I get 💯 why and how KISS inspired bazillion of musicians to do what they do. Much respect to them on that front always and forever. I just found things in the 70s and 80s that were much more consistently inspiring to me on a musical level.

My experience was similar to @FuzzyAce, in that I had an older cousin who was a megafan, so I heard all of it through him and latched on to certain songs. We were also both learning guitar together, so it was fun that way, too.

And even now, I'm in a band with a big KISS fan and experience/appreciate them kind of through him, if that makes sense. But I've never bought a KISS album and my favourites were more VH, Sabbath, ZZ, etc.

However, as an adult and in retrospect, I've come to truly appreciate and respect what they created, especially in the early years.

Insufficient data at the moment, starched!

I prefer Ace almost dying in fake snow because he's so out of it he went face down in the shit.
Screen Shot 2023-11-11 at 12.07.00 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-11-11 at 12.08.14 PM.png

This is a great track.

Interesting comment from Paul re. writing credits:

Black Diamond" is a song by American hard rock band Kiss, written by rhythm guitarist Paul Stanley. "'Black Diamond' was written almost exactly as it is," he said, "except that the riff wasn't there; Gene [Simmons] brought that part in … It's all about arrangement and embellishment. That's what you're supposed to do in a band: come in and add something. But that doesn't mean you wrote the song."[1]

Sounds like Gene wanted a co-write?

I'm too young and missed the KISSarmy boat but I have a trivial yet formative story.. When my mother was terminally pregnant with me my dad was asked to join Ace freely's Comets as a touring bass player. He could either leave my mom and pursue his dream or stick around and become a father. He chose the latter and we're all grateful he did. I guess that band tanked anyway?

Back