Old guys. Things have grabbed your ear that are "new"

Too busy with work and can’t keep up. I need to grab a bourbon and just have fun listening to each of these submissions. Some interesting stuff posted here, I can tell…

With soul and r&b; I cannot get past the classics. I try here and there to dip my toe but nothing will ever beat Marvin, Aretha, Barry and really all the old school stuff. Usher can get down from time to time but even he gets too pristine. I liked D'Angelo when he did that song with Method Man but most modern r&b stuff is polished to a gross degree. I need a little grit and soul in my soul :idk

Truth! I feel like overproduced music is a curse..... and very contagious.... apparently.

Take Superfly and Curtis Mayfield. That was great production for its time. But you
can hear each instrument individually and in the context of the other instruments.

New Russian Circles, this album has been on repeat for the last 4 days. This is heavier than I’ve ever heard them and I dig it.

That's great! I also posted their new album in this thread. A buddy of mine bought one of
Mike's Les Paul Customs a few years back. Such a cool band.

That's great! I also posted their new album in this thread. A buddy of mine bought one of
Mike's Les Paul Customs a few years back. Such a cool band.

Right?! Not ‘normal’ not ‘seriously cool’ and not with the times but I love these albums and the music is nonstop…

Killer guitarist, killer grooves, lovin’ it.

“New”

:farley

Liked this so much I actually paid the $10 on Amazon for the download of the “Old” Album.

Back