Old guys. Things have grabbed your ear that are "new"

Man I have such mixed feelings on Goose. I was really into it when they first started blowing up with that Peach set in 2019 but they've gotten too big too fast without really having that much to show for it, and they literally have the worst fanbase in the jam scene, which is saying something

Premise: I'M NOT OLD :mad:

I'm sure I'm there's more but I listen to shitload of music and sometimes is difficult to keep up with my self but my current favourite new (for me!) discoveries of the last years probably are these

Leprous

Thank you scientist

Bent Knee

Haken

Good stuff!

Premise: I'M NOT OLD :mad:

I'm sure I'm there's more but I listen to shitload of music and sometimes is difficult to keep up with my self but my current favourite new (for me!) discoveries of the last years probably are these

Leprous

Thank you scientist

Bent Knee

Haken

Hell yes, man. Love Haken, and EVERYONE needs to listen to Thank You, Scientist. They’re batshit crazy, and extremely talented.

I'm probably younger than most on this board and this song is now eleven years old (ouch), but I've just heard this remix / reimagined version of that Gotye song that took over the world. It's actually awesome! It's got that gooey 80s compression all over and the little changes they made to make it "more 80s" work quite well. The video is fun, too. :p

I'm probably younger than most on this board and this song is now eleven years old (ouch), but I've just heard this remix / reimagined version of that Gotye song that took over the world. It's actually awesome! It's got that gooey 80s compression all over and the little changes they made to make it "more 80s" work quite well. The video is fun, too. :p

Dude that’s seriously fantastic. (And I don’t like the original lol)

This is so much better than the original, which I don't really like much either. Love that little guitar solo / fill. Great 80's pop rock lead tone.

Ha. That was so well done!!
:headbang

I have two "sides" to me. One is the guitar side, where I'm into progressive rock, 80's shred, guitar pop, metal, etc, and then there's the Soul, neo-soul, smooth jazz, and R&B listening side. Here's some newer stuff I've been digging:

And there's Polyphia on the more guitar side, but you guys know about them.

I have two "sides" to me. One is the guitar side, where I'm into progressive rock, 80's shred, guitar pop, metal, etc, and then there's the Soul, neo-soul, smooth jazz, and R&B listening side. Here's some newer stuff I've been digging:

And there's Polyphia on the more guitar side, but you guys know about them.

With soul and r&b; I cannot get past the classics. I try here and there to dip my toe but nothing will ever beat Marvin, Aretha, Barry and really all the old school stuff. Usher can get down from time to time but even he gets too pristine. I liked D'Angelo when he did that song with Method Man but most modern r&b stuff is polished to a gross degree. I need a little grit and soul in my soul :idk

Back