Old guys. Things have grabbed your ear that are "new"

I made a commitment to start my day with music (and coffee :guiness)---and not
email and TV and Internet and other nonsense. It has definitely made an HUGE
difference in my mental health. I suppose it is a bit of a ritual. No politics, or someone
trying to convince me to think one way, or make me feel empty and worthless inside
through advertising. Have the rest of the day for all of that!! :rofl

That’s a great idea. I just get up and spend my first 45 minutes on the toilet, I should really start doing that.

As I get older; It gets tougher and tougher to carve out time to look for new music that trips my trigger. If you're in the same boat, post up what's been tripping your trigger that isn't a legacy band already.

Rivers of Nihil is on auto play for me pretty much all day, those guys are sick.

If you like those guys check out Alcest and Cloudkicker.

As I get older; It gets tougher and tougher to carve out time to look for new music that trips my trigger. If you're in the same boat, post up what's been tripping your trigger that isn't a legacy band already.

I guess it depends on what we are calling "New". A couple bands I call new that O have been enjoying lately are White Wizzard and 4Arm.

Reactions: JT
This is one of the guys on /7/'s new-ish band - not normally my thing, but something about them keeps me listening...

I like this quite a lot! I dig the new wave vocal vibe. The tremolo picked section sticks out like a sore thumb in the best of ways :satan

If you dig your metal with a bit of "Nu" in it...

Recently for me, Yvette Young. Not really new it seems… her band Covet. But in a way... its very guitar centric of course.. so it would have been cooler with a genre that didn't have so damn much guitar. Which again reminds me of how all theses damn devices and the "internets" (:p) follow us and knows what we want...
Damn you internets.. surprise me for once...

I'm 55, which probably puts me in the older end of the demo here.
Yet, I still find new things that aren't paint by numbers (like most of the sh*t pitched at me by recommendation engines is.) For example, I think Orbit Culture is great:

Admittedly, some of the vocals on the second tune definitely have a "vintage Hetfield" vibe that doesn't hurt.

I'm 55, which probably puts me in the older end of the demo here.
Yet, I still find new things that aren't paint by numbers (like most of the sh*t pitched at me by recommendation engines is.) For example, I think Orbit Culture is great:

Admittedly, some of the vocals on the second tune definitely have a "vintage Hetfield" vibe that doesn't hurt.

Orbit Culture is awesome \m/

Recently for me, Yvette Young. Not really new it seems… her band Covet. But in a way... its very guitar centric of course.. so it would have been cooler with a genre that didn't have so damn much guitar. Which again reminds me of how all theses damn devices and the "internets" (:p) follow us and knows what we want...
Damn you internets.. surprise me for once...
Yvette is (and all of Covet are, really) awesome.

Yvette is (and all of Covet are, really) awesome.
I kinda like them more than the “other” super talented tapping virtuoso youngsters.

Like Polyphia… yeah they are talented but it’s all so… shallow? Performance oriented?

Yvette at least seems to put a lot of thought behind what she is playing, she like transcends through genres like crazy.

Back