For the Robot and Cyborg Guys That Gig...

Precisely. There's also Yorkville from Canada, apparently one of their coax monitors is excellent, but you can not buy anything from them in Europe. And then there's things such as the EV PXM-12MP, which I think could be great, but I'm in fact gravitating towards something smaller, maybe even just an 8" speaker that I could put on a pole stand.
I sometimes have some bits of my sound running through whatever provided monitors anyway, could do that more regularly and just use my own monitors for a better direct impact (and no, usually there's no phase issues, and even if so, I can always move my monitor by a few centimeters).
The EV is ok. But it's greatness as a powered monitor solution is a bit overstated, albeit in an underrated way, if you will? LOUD and great form factor but was not crisp or near as detailed as I expected. I'd still take the Mustang GT100 over it in a heartbeat for a loud lightweight and "flat enough" monitoring solution

I'd still take the Mustang GT100 over it in a heartbeat for a loud lightweight and "flat enough" monitoring solution

I even thought about something like that. Or about modifying a 1x12 enclosure I still have sitting around by slapping one of those fancy pseudo FR Celestions in, powered by whatever small pedalsize amp (maybe even mounting it inside the cab). But in the end, I had it more than just once that the second input of whatever monitors came in extremely handy. Also used mine as a sort of mini PA already, etc. So in the end, I think I want some all purpose solution.

I put one of those celestion 2 way "FRFR"'s in a mustang IV and it was pretty good. Waiting on my cabinets to be built for them in wedge shape

Those things look just like the EVs. Not sure if there are similar beyond that? The Mustang GT series flattens the stock speaker in the amp. It is not eq'd for an F12 transplant. Beyond the power rating of the amp it uses not being enough for the F12.

I'll trust an "underpowered" 50w Badlander to power 2 of them but won't trust an SS turd in the Mustang to provide enough juice. Whether that's me being snobby or what the case may be? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I actually tested the frequency response of the mustang IV prior to putting the F12 in, it was nearly ruler flat above 40hz and until 16khz. Input into the FX return past the cab sim. Remember this is the Mustang IV not the GT. Mustang IV was supposed to be 100 watts at 8ohms rather than the 100 at 4 ohms on the GT. It was pretty loud.

I made a dual 12" using celestion's specs and wired it in parallel and used a GPA100 to power it and it was STUPID loud.

I don't know much about the turbosound model above, but the pro version of it was unreal. I mean, you could use it as a studio monitor, and it was WAY loud. I haven't been able to get the staging company to bring in the lower end model

The model they bring in is like four times the price

Fwiw, there's also the dB Technologies FMX 10. Going a bit lower than the Turbosound on the good old frequency chart, too.
Would really like to check those.

To me the coolest part about these new teardrop wedges is that you can position them in some really helpful ways...Not sure if they show pics of all the ways you can point them and stand them

I even thought about something like that. Or about modifying a 1x12 enclosure I still have sitting around by slapping one of those fancy pseudo FR Celestions in, powered by whatever small pedalsize amp (maybe even mounting it inside the cab). But in the end, I had it more than just once that the second input of whatever monitors came in extremely handy. Also used mine as a sort of mini PA already, etc. So in the end, I think I want some all purpose solution.
I also had thought about perhaps, keeping the poweramp and getting a pair of OS Port City 112's and putting the FR celestions in them and running that way.

Was the 210 farting out for people?

I think it's mainly Headrush's 8" models that are wellknown for getting quite flubby quickly, likely because they're trying to compensate for the lack of physically possible "ooomph" via DSP. And with the 12" ones, the entire enclosure might be somewhat too weak to provide tightness. I really think with the Altos, 10" is where it's at - just that these are the ones Headrush doesn't clone/adapt.

I have a pair of 312's that we use for our small shows in front of the school. I never tried to plug my guitar stuff thru them, I should give it a try. I was just so happy with the 10's that I figure a 12 might get flubby or boomy. They seem fine for the PA though

Back