Ok, now I understand LP weight complaints

I grabbed a Clip Aircell for my 11ty million pound bass. Makes a huge difference in shoulder strain by the end of practice.

guitar-strap-1_1600x.jpg

You can get em on Amazon for like $45.
I have a couple of these are they are really comfortable.

How is playing a Les Paul not multi-tasking??

Get ya a workout in while also getting some play time in? :idk

It is kind of silly when I think of it. We are usually just talking about
2 to 4 lbs here, no? The difference between most other guitars and
a burdensome LP?

It does seem to add up over the course of a few hours, though? But
hey, Randy Rhoads was like 130lbs soaking wet and he never complained. :LOL:

a burdensome LP?

He did shift to a reeeeeeeally light guitar, didn't he?

EDIT: Okay, I see those Rhoads Vs aren't THAT light, but still on the SG-side of things.

Last edited:

a burdensome LP?

My Gilmour Strat weighs almost as much as both my LP’s do, it can’t be any more than 1.5lbs lighter…..won’t hear me bitchin’ about that one. :rofl

Ultimately, that was the first time I had stood and played guitar in about a year since I was in my last band and it was the first time I stood that long with an LP. I know from my restaurant days when I’d switch from FOH to BOH and vice versa, I‘d always have about 2 days where my legs and feet would be shot. The difference of standing in place while cooking on a line for 8 hours VS walking the restaurant as a server for 8 hours is fairly big. Didn’t matter I’d been working on my feet since I was 14.

I just need to get a few consistent rehearsals/shows with it and I’m sure I’ll shut my bitch mouth. Hahaha might be kinda hard now that I’ve quit the band.

I am of the age now where I run across the occasional dude who plays while seated and is not playing keys.
I was so full of myself in my 30s that I would look down on people who sat on a stool and played a gig.

I am still full of myself. :LOL:

Sex, Drugs, and Rock-N-Roll all demand a personal sacrifice. :beer

I am of the age now where I run across the occasional dude who plays while seated and is not playing keys.
I was so full of myself in my 30s that I would look down on people who sat on a stool and played a gig.

I am still full of myself. :LOL:

Sex, Drugs, and Rock-N-Roll all demand a personal sacrifice. :beer

Hahahha I think I’ve always just assumed that if someone is sitting down at a gig, they most certainly don’t want to be. Especially Lars.

I think it all depends on what style of music you're playing. In the Wes Montgomery clip below I think it looks personally natural.

I saw Johnny A a few years back and he spent a lot of time sitting on a stool and that looked fine as well, but it's hard to imagine doing a Rock gig sitting down.

Does that do anything for the back, though? I‘m sure it’s all kinds of comfy on the shoulder.

The one time I tried one like that it was nice and soft and cushy but the cumbersome size of the thing killed it. Started feeling like I was wearing a geriatric brace instead of a guitar strap. :facepalm

Anyone recall that awful fad of neoprene style straps that had all the awkward and unwanted booing of
a rubberband. Yeah, those were fun. :facepalm

All my current Les Pauls are 4kg (non weight relieved), had a 4.3 non weight relieved Traditional few years ago and a weight relieved standard that was heavier and never suffered for the weight. I play them standing for an entire rehearsal or gig no problem.

That's because I'm superman.

Back