OD pedal redundancy. What do I still "need"?

For me; they are about the best "just barely on" dirt pedal there is. They certainly take over a sound very quickly :oops:
They are not dirty enough to me in fact . This is too much “clean” . As it is used in early 80’s hardcore I believed they were “ugly” sounding

Reactions: JT
I have sold my 4th or 5th ds1 this week. This pedal 🤣. Sometimes I bought it because it was my first one and this and that, but the sound suck so much that I sell it everytime. Until I buy it once again 🤣.
A usa big muff I had, who was sleeping in my room is back in the pedalboard 😅
I don’t use fuzzes that much but these pedals are fun and not included in the head or not very enjoyable in modelers so 🤷

• 100%
I have a pretty nice sized pile myself. It's a "managable" addiction if nothing else :rofl
For maybe +15 years, I was playing with maybe 15 pedals in circle around me with my boogies. I was really addicted to stomp boxes . I don’t know how many ones I bough This is mad. As I was working in a Music Store, I always had new things, and … well working in a Music Store when you are passionate is very bad for the wallet. Now strangely the axe removed many of them . I still use some but way less than before
Let’s say that a fc12 it’s a lot of pedals in a smaller format ☺️

• 100%
Update:
I'm going to make an all drive board. I have SO many drives right now that I end up switching in and out I'm just going to setup a smorgasbord of :chef

Once the Tone-X refund hits; I am getting a BD-2W and a fuzz and then I should be "set"
:puppet:farley
Definitely know the feeling. I have 20 or so drive pedals. A monster drive board would be kinda cool though.:unsure:

Definitely know the feeling. I have 20 or so drive pedals. A monster drive board would be kinda cool though.:unsure:
This had me thinking lately... I like the idea, but what's the purpose, other than stealing away my spare time that could very well be spent actually playing music.

This had me thinking lately... I like the idea, but what's the purpose, other than stealing away my spare time that could very well be spent actually playing music.
Choices.
Both can be done too. I can think of other things unrelated to music that needlessly suck up time, which I could sacrifice. Purpose for me would be: organization. If they're hooked up and ready to go I'm more likely to use them regularly, mainly for recording purposes. Efficiency. Nothing worse than fiddling around with cables and connections when creative ideas start flowing. Better than being in a drawer or on a shelf.

Choices.
Both can be done too. I can think of other things unrelated to music that needlessly suck up time, which I could sacrifice. Purpose for me would be: organization. If they're hooked up and ready to go I'm more likely to use them regularly, mainly for recording purposes. Efficiency. Nothing worse than fiddling around with cables and connections when creative ideas start flowing. Better than being in a drawer or on a shelf.
Hmm. Probably a different approach... ;)

I keep mine in a glass cabinet (I love the looks), and can easily grab a single unit from there if need be. There's a drawer in my desk, specifically for all the PSU/adaptor stuff that built up throughout the decades (+ various daisy chains etc.).

For me it's quite the other way around. Ever since I switched back to a hybrid pedalboard, I absolutely enjoy having plenty of drive pedals exposed and ready to go all the time - and yeah, it actually makes me play more, not less. For recording, I will do the same thing as what has been mentioned, namely slap all my drives (and possibly some other oddities) onto a sidecar board that I can alwas instantly insert.
Really, being able to turn knobs quickly is most inspiring for me.

Hmm. Probably a different approach... ;)

I keep mine in a glass cabinet (I love the looks), and can easily grab a single unit from there if need be. There's a drawer in my desk, specifically for all the PSU/adaptor stuff that built up throughout the decades (+ various daisy chains etc.).
Do what works for you! Having them displayed is cool, I do that too, but I'd rather have them all hooked up to play honestly. Be done with it. Using a true bypass switcher of course and probably grouping pedals to accommodate.

There are a TON of distractions in gear. I have found OD pedals are pretty limited compared to other (not necessarily) productive sidetracks.

Back