OD pedal redundancy. What do I still "need"?

I’d LOVE a Cornish pedal just to satisfy my Gilmour lust, but no way in hell am I dropping $800 on a fucking modified Big Muff or Tube Driver. Fortunately, Past FX seems hellbent on making some affordable options of them.
Ordered the PCB for the Cornish GC1 from AionFx - https://aionfx.com/project/cepheus-amp-overdrive/. Took forever to arrive at Romania's customs office from USA. I should receive it next week maybe. I already got the parts from Mouser. Can't wait to build it. Will post my results here.

I got an Angry Charlie which is interesting when you run it parallel.
Is that sort of RAT-esque? I LOVE RATs. Just threw the Carcosa in front of the Stealth. Hi cut and Output up, switch down and after knob basically off. MEAN and sizzly AF :satan

Ordered the PCB for the Cornish GC1 from AionFx - https://aionfx.com/project/cepheus-amp-overdrive/. Took forever to arrive at Romania's customs office from USA. I should receive it next week maybe. I already got the parts from Mouser. Can't wait to build it. Will post my results here.

I have a G2 clone I bought off the Emporium a couple years ago but I can’t figure out what voltage it requires to work. :rofl

I could spend all damn day going through OD pedals :chef

Amazon RAT clone, OCD clone and this Amazon Silver Horsey (not a turd) are my faves. Cheap AF and ratty and so GD great. This Thorpy is my biggest $$$ outlay and it is :love as well. GTTBAPBGP :banana

Is that sort of RAT-esque? I LOVE RATs. Just threw the Carcosa in front of the Stealth. Hi cut and Output up, switch down and after knob basically off. MEAN and sizzly AF :satan
It's a blues driver and a moded version in the same pedal. You can run them in any combination.

It's a blues driver and a moded version in the same pedal. You can run them in any combination.
I'm going to (probably wrongly) let my one JHS experience of buying those generic brand looking white label pedals keep me out of this rabbit hole. For now :oops::bag:nails

I have a G2 clone I bought off the Emporium a couple years ago but I can’t figure out what voltage it requires to work. :rofl
Should be 9v center negative but if you experimented with different voltages it's probably too late :confused:

I am a self admitted OD pedal addict. I keep saying I have more than enough then I see another one that I just feel the need to own. My ear has become more critical in the past few years. I am hearing things in these pedals I didn't use to hear, which makes the addiction worse. I even rebought a pedal that I had years ago and hated. The problem was me. I didn't understand how the pedal was designed and never was able to get a sound out of it that I liked. I am not alone in this. Many people misunderstood the pedal like I did. Now that I understood more about it, I am getting tones I like a lot from it. It just never ends... It will have to at some point because I am running out of room to store them. :)

Fwiw, to be pedantic, that's the Angry Driver. Angry Charlie is the pedal that got combined with the BD. And from all I know, the Angry Charlie is kinda like a MIAB pedal. At least that's what the one I tried at a friend's place came across like.

Edit: Whoops, someone was quicker than me already. Anyway, here it is:

Boss Angry Driver – Google Suche.jpg

Excellent idea, btw. - I just don't gel with those tandem pots too much...

About 8 months ago I went through a manic pedal frenzy.
So much good but all this too much good makes
most everything bland until you find the killer’$
It depends on if you’re after versatility or just
tightening up the barrel and gunning it’.
And of course, the amp & the input gain design in the pre-amp.
Overall, I’m over pedals.
I’ve got my wah,delay dialed,
-still on the hunt for Red October for a dope ass clean boost.
Looks like I’m back man!! LTFOL

Been done for some time.

Then the Nobels 30th happened. It's different, but seemingly bright?
Never played a real one. The Helix version is kinda cool. But yeah, a few pedals have sparked some movement in my head... but then fizzles out when I think harder about it.

Tubescreamer
Clean boost
Klon
Bluesbreaker
SD1 and/or DS1
Rat style semi-fuzz
Metal Distortion Mayhem

Which pedal being discussed here doesn't fit GENERALLY SPEAKING into one of the above groupings?
Like you're doing a gig - could another guitarist hearing your rig pretty well be able to tell if you were using
a Timmy or just a plain old clean boost?

All I have is an old PoT with the 3 position voice switch external. Supposedly it's Bluesdriver/TS9/Klon-ish.
Had a bunch of individual pedals of each style but it ends up seeming like a waste of an adapter slots.
I never stack ODs so the little switch is like having the 3 main OD voicings you really need if your core tone
is already pretty high gain.

Just seems like as big a rabbit hole sometimes as IRs can be.

1705115582201.png

1705115630313.png

Last edited:
Back